EXPIRED

GAME Pre-Orders...

Hi everyone

I have a few questions about Pre-Orders at GAME.co.uk...

1) Do they take payment on day of release/a few days before?

2) If yes, do you pay a minimum £5 deposit like you do in store?

Apologies if these are stupid questions, I have never Pre-Ordered online before!

Also, how have people's experiences been with Pre-Ordering at GAME online? Are games usually received before release? On the day? Late?

Thanks for reading ^_^

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

4 Comments

they'll probably go bankrupt don't pre-order.

Hello Calum!

1) They only charge you on dispatch so simply whenever the order gets posted to you thats when you will be charged and YES if the price changes between your preorder date and the release date you'll be charged the lower price if it goes down but will still pay the original pre order price if it goes up.

In my experience I think I've had several orders arrive about a day earlier than release but most others just come on day of release, not as good as SHOPTO unfortunately.

2) To answer your second question as said before they don't charge until despatch but usually high profile/new console releases (last year with PS4/XBONE for example) the only way to preorder both instore AND online will be to but a deposit down, usually £20 if my memory serves, that will effectively put you on their waitlist and guarantee you a console on launch day

As I said before GAME aren't bad, there ok with order processing and there are some cool limited editions that can only be boguht from them but frankly they need to lower their prices, too high for a lot of their stuff when compared to other retailers though I've bought a lot of their preowned stuff for decent prices and got it in almost mint condition, hope this all helps

Original Poster

Franzkill

Hello Calum! 1) They only charge you on dispatch so simply whenever the … Hello Calum! 1) They only charge you on dispatch so simply whenever the order gets posted to you thats when you will be charged and YES if the price changes between your preorder date and the release date you'll be charged the lower price if it goes down but will still pay the original pre order price if it goes up.In my experience I think I've had several orders arrive about a day earlier than release but most others just come on day of release, not as good as SHOPTO unfortunately.2) To answer your second question as said before they don't charge until despatch but usually high profile/new console releases (last year with PS4/XBONE for example) the only way to preorder both instore AND online will be to but a deposit down, usually £20 if my memory serves, that will effectively put you on their waitlist and guarantee you a console on launch dayAs I said before GAME aren't bad, there ok with order processing and there are some cool limited editions that can only be boguht from them but frankly they need to lower their prices, too high for a lot of their stuff when compared to other retailers though I've bought a lot of their preowned stuff for decent prices and got it in almost mint condition, hope this all helps

All of that was really helpful, thank you very much Franzkill!!

CalumW96

All of that was really helpful, thank you very much Franzkill!!

Most welcome!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. cats and royal canin biscuits915
    2. Electricity55
    3. Iptv918
    4. Wireless Earphones for Running56

See more discussions