game return policy

got sucked in today on a kinect deal where i got sonic free riders for about £24 or something... it turns out to be complete crap and i dont want it anymore.

can i get a refund, or game giftcard credit or anything? or do i have to sell it to cex and take a fiver loss.

6 Comments

The policy used to be as long as it had the seal on it(not the wrapper) they put to stop the box getting opened then its fine, if the seal is broken then they wont refund or exchange.

If the game disc is functioning correctly (i.e. is not faulty), then they will offer you a trade-in price based on their current trade-in price list for that title.

Only fair really. It isn't GAME's fault you did not like the title.

BFN,

fp.

Original Poster

yeah i suppose... thanks,

HMV are slightly differnt in that the game isnt sealed so allow returns/exchange.

lol

Yeh ive played this game, but I dont really like it. Can I have a refund????

jackvdbuk

yeah i suppose... thanks, HMV are slightly differnt in that the game isnt … yeah i suppose... thanks, HMV are slightly differnt in that the game isnt sealed so allow returns/exchange.

That is their choice. Legally they need only offer an exchange for the same title (or an equivalent is offered if the same title is not available). In the case of an equivalent, you may request a full refund.

I won't mention HMV's falling share price as that would be an unfair comparison of the two policies!

BFN,

fp.

Original Poster

deathtrap3000

lolYeh ive played this game, but I dont really like it. Can I have a … lolYeh ive played this game, but I dont really like it. Can I have a refund????

from a customer perspective id say its good customer service and would potentially create more sales from the customer...

from a business perspective its a bad idea, so yeah..

ill trade it in. thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927349
    2. love affairs1223
    3. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?1015
    4. Apples new update711

See more discussions