Game Trade in

Okay so I wanna trade in Dishonored 2 and CEX are offering £26 store credit. Would Game beat that price even though they sell the game new for £24.99

Also is it just 3 games they will beat by £1 or can I do 3 games and 2 accessories which they will beat by £1 on all?

Thanks

12 Comments

game will no longer match for a higher price than what they are selling for I'm afraid

I've done it in the past where they match a trade in for more than they sell it but I think it's discretionary.

They will make the whole receipt £1 better, so if you can be bothered, different days is your answer

Yeah, they should still price match but you'll probably need to show them the website (not just a screenshot).

I usually trade in more than 3 games, and they add £1 onto each item rather than £1 onto the receipt total .
Edited by: "Eden0032" 10th Dec 2016

They can be funny if they are selling it less than trade in price. Depends if the staff are arsed or not.

They will be fine with it. I have done this literally hundreds of times and yes it's £1 per item.
Edited by: "JohnCrichton" 10th Dec 2016

Managers have told staff not to, but it all depends on what spotty teenager you get on the day.

Game will not price match this. if they're selling it for less than CEX offer then the only price they'll give you is what they offer for it normally.

You can argue until you're blue in the face about beating local competition by £1, but they'll fall back on the bit in their T&Cs about the manager's decision is final

Original Poster

Thanks for all the responses, from the looks of things I'll just leave it and trade other stuff in

Banned

Cakeboy79

Game will not price match this. if they're selling it for less than CEX … Game will not price match this. if they're selling it for less than CEX offer then the only price they'll give you is what they offer for it normally.You can argue until you're blue in the face about beating local competition by £1, but they'll fall back on the bit in their T&Cs about the manager's decision is final

​You talk crap they will price March a single don't loads times recently as 3 days ago

Original Poster

Well just been in, price matched every item + £1 on each one

Yeah they used to price match (+£1) even if they sell it for less but the rules changed recently saying that they don't have to (a new deputy manager at my store is really strict with this).

If you're lucky then your store won't care and price match but if they insist they cannot price match due to selling it for less then go on Twitter and complain about GAMEs new rules :p. If enough of us do it then GAME may reverse thier policy otherwise it's CeX.

gaming_pirate

​You talk crap they will price March a single don't loads times recently a … ​You talk crap they will price March a single don't loads times recently as 3 days ago

Merry Christmas to you too

Obviously you got someone who doesn't care about it, I got stuck with the stickler for rules
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Virgin Media TV56
    2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?33
    3. Tooth extraction99
    4. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?611

See more discussions