Expired

Game Trade In (iPhone)

Found 13th May
Hi, I searched prices to trade my iPhone in & Game was best price. Was wondering if you need box, cable etc. I have all except the cable as it’s frayed at the end. Wondering if price decreased without all items if traded in store.

Also how long does it take to check the phone & get paid. I’ve used CEX once & it took about 5 or 6 days to get money into bank a count as they said no cash left!

If takes a while may just post it off to Game as guessing they just want the phone & the same price will be paid. Just take longer for money I guess. Thanks
Community Updates
AskiPhoneiPhone 5S
12 Comments
They may knock a few quid off, for less accessories. I wouldn’t trust posting it out to be honest with you. I’ve sold a phone at cex a while ago. Was told to come back in an hour-they needed time to check it. An hour later, everything was fine & got my money then. I’d rather give my phone personally,rather then sending it through post. But that’s just my own personal preference.
Both times I’ve taken a phone into Game for trade in they’ve knocked the price down for no reason I could see. I left and got more elsewhere each time so I won’t bother again.
Edited by: "Cakeboy79" 13th May
I used envirophone (always send special delivery for insured amount), got full price for mine and no need to send any accessories.
All they want is the phone and the charging lead, not the charger itself. Youwon’t get anymore for the box or accessories. If the lead is it a bit frayed just buy a replacement from Poundland and take that one in instead.
Thanks for comments. Guess I’ll go instore and see what they say. I can always go to CEX too to check price.
Toptrumpet25 m ago

All they want is the phone and the charging lead, not the charger itself. …All they want is the phone and the charging lead, not the charger itself. Youwon’t get anymore for the box or accessories. If the lead is it a bit frayed just buy a replacement from Poundland and take that one in instead.

So I can just buy a charging lead from Poundland & get the price advertised? Thanks. Will try that. Don’t think they’d take the frayed cable.
Hapzy51 m ago

So I can just buy a charging lead from Poundland & get the price …So I can just buy a charging lead from Poundland & get the price advertised? Thanks. Will try that. Don’t think they’d take the frayed cable.

Yes, they don’t have all the cables on the market out the back to test all the different phone makes and models, so by you giving them a charging lead that fits, they can test the device in a standard wall charger straight away/ within a goodly time. They’re only interested in the handsets. You could try giving them the frayed cable but a good condition cable would perhaps lead them to believe the handset had been well looked after. Just spend £1 for peace of mind they’ll take it in.
(obviously take the lead out the packet and stretch it out, so it doesn’t look brand new)
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 13th May
CEX check trade in prices before you go instore to get a rough idea of what they might offer you and Game for comparison. In my experience Game offer more for handsets but are more robust on inspecting and testing the phones
You need a cable and charger. Doesn't have to be genuine Apple though. I went to trade in an old iPhone 5c a while back. Was offered £10 less without cable and charger....so I picked up both from poundland and got the extra £10
Toptrumpet1 h, 21 m ago

Yes, they don’t have all the cables on the market out the back to test all …Yes, they don’t have all the cables on the market out the back to test all the different phone makes and models, so by you giving them a charging lead that fits, they can test the device in a standard wall charger straight away/ within a goodly time. They’re only interested in the handsets. You could try giving them the frayed cable but a good condition cable would perhaps lead them to believe the handset had been well looked after. Just spend £1 for peace of mind they’ll take it in.(obviously take the lead out the packet and stretch it out, so it doesn’t look brand new)

Thanks for the info. I’ll go to Poundland 1st.
Uridium13 m ago

You need a cable and charger. Doesn't have to be genuine Apple though. I …You need a cable and charger. Doesn't have to be genuine Apple though. I went to trade in an old iPhone 5c a while back. Was offered £10 less without cable and charger....so I picked up both from poundland and got the extra £10

Thanks for info. I know CEX reduce price based on items & gradings & can see the prices online. Game I can’t see prices online only a standard price. So I’ll buy a cheap cable before going there. I’ve got the rest of the stuff & phone is in good shape so if not get price advertised online I’ll go elsewhere.
Uridium2 h, 43 m ago

You need a cable and charger. Doesn't have to be genuine Apple though. I …You need a cable and charger. Doesn't have to be genuine Apple though. I went to trade in an old iPhone 5c a while back. Was offered £10 less without cable and charger....so I picked up both from poundland and got the extra £10

They don’t take the charger head anymore or didn’t a couple if months ago, told me to keep them on two different visits with 3 iPhones and two iPads. No different in money unless you took in a box and even then it was only a couple of quid.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants