Groups

Game trade in price match

Hi, would like to trade in some stuff (console and a few games) at Game and see that they have a price match policy. Do you have to go to the shop you want them to match and get some kind of written quote first for them to match or can we go straight to game and they either know the competitors trade in prices or we can show them what it says on the website?

12 Comments

You have to go to store and tell them you want to trade in and price match. They don't need a quote as they will check the competitor them selves.

Make sure they add the extra pound to as sometimes they forget

Oh and lastly they won't price match if the match is more then what they sell the item for

Not sure they do this anymore mate (stopped doing last week I think)
    Edited by: "fuzzydunlop" 11th Feb

You also have to be within a certain distance to the competitors, not all stores stopped price match but best checking yours before travel.

fuzzydunlop

Not sure they do this anymore mate (stopped doing last week I think)

​Only a few stores have stopped the price match.

It's a 1 mile radius from the GAME store for them to price match.

If they sell the game for less they won't price match (example: cex buy it for £2, game sell the game for £1, they won't offer you £3).

Original Poster

Cool thanks for the info guys. Yeh the Cex is just over the road. It's Leeds I'll be going to, anyone know if they've stopped? If not I'll give the store a quick ring before I go.

b33r

Cool thanks for the info guys. Yeh the Cex is just over the road. It's … Cool thanks for the info guys. Yeh the Cex is just over the road. It's Leeds I'll be going to, anyone know if they've stopped? If not I'll give the store a quick ring before I go.

No idea if they've stopped but give a call. Just load up the CEX prices on your phone and show it to them for each game when you're trading in. You might need to refresh the page to show its live.

Im considering trading a few things tomorrow to help with my switch pre order. Equals out to £59 at game, and £82 at cex. So the difference is pretty big, if game wont price match anymore they will loose my business.

Does anyone know if nottingham stores are still matching?

thesinstar

Im considering trading a few things tomorrow to help with my switch pre … Im considering trading a few things tomorrow to help with my switch pre order. Equals out to £59 at game, and £82 at cex. So the difference is pretty big, if game wont price match anymore they will loose my business. Does anyone know if nottingham stores are still matching?

As far as I'm aware, all Midlands stores are still price matching but don't hold me to that. Best thing to do is ring the store

Bure11

As far as I'm aware, all Midlands stores are still price matching but … As far as I'm aware, all Midlands stores are still price matching but don't hold me to that. Best thing to do is ring the store

Went in today and they did luckily still price match. So i managed to squeeze £104 out of them. Thanks.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. After a good deal for new work shirts!11
      2. Advice for bank error11
      3. Any discount for paultons park?33
      4. Scammed on Steam game11

See more discussions