GAME UK trade in question (for mobiles and tablets)

Found 15th Oct 2017
Hi all

Does anyone use GAME to trade in their stuff? Specifically, tablets and phones.

I have a tablet and phone to trade in, and I wish to know if they will value it higher if I had the original box/cables. Or would they devalue it on that basis. The site doesn't mention anything in the FAQ about it, so I wondered if anyone has used it before and can share with me their experience. They are offering better prices than CEX for my specific items, so I wish to go to them.

Cheers for reading!
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
deleted1597344
They will knock off money (£10 I think) if you don’t have the charging cable/plug but it does not need to be the original, any will do.
They’re picky as hell with stuff you trade in over the counter.
They're not interested in the box. They only want the charging lead (not the bit that plugs into the wall. If you've only got a fixed plug and lead buy a new lead with USB end in Poundland.
i find Game do give more than Cex, but if the item is c grade, best to go to cex.
Game test the items more vigorously than cex so just be prepared for any knock backs about the item.
deleted159734415th Oct 2017

They will knock off money (£10 I think) if you don’t have the charging ca …They will knock off money (£10 I think) if you don’t have the charging cable/plug but it does not need to be the original, any will do.

Many thanks! I'll supply cable with it.
Cakeboy7915th Oct 2017

They’re picky as hell with stuff you trade in over the counter.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll see how they behave with my device. I'll point out however it's on the website, but says to take it to shop. If they get real funny then I'll just go to CEX and be done with it.
Toptrumpet15th Oct 2017

They're not interested in the box. They only want the charging lead (not …They're not interested in the box. They only want the charging lead (not the bit that plugs into the wall. If you've only got a fixed plug and lead buy a new lead with USB end in Poundland.i find Game do give more than Cex, but if the item is c grade, best to go to cex.Game test the items more vigorously than cex so just be prepared for any knock backs about the item.

Thanks for your feedback! I'll supply the cable with it.
Never traded in with then but they are always the best at offering the highest price. Always thought there might be a catch.
Hi,@Bravura. Did you sell your item with any cable? I have an iPhone to sell and best price seems to be at Game but I don’t have the usb cable but have box & plug. Was wondering if price decreases without a cable. Thanks
Hapzy1 h, 37 m ago

Hi,@Bravura. Did you sell your item with any cable? I have an iPhone to …Hi,@Bravura. Did you sell your item with any cable? I have an iPhone to sell and best price seems to be at Game but I don’t have the usb cable but have box & plug. Was wondering if price decreases without a cable. Thanks

Heya, I actually had no box for that phone (Nexus 6). I ended up using EE Recycle instead.

I did sell once to CEX, and indeed having a cable, box and everything will get you that A grade (if phone is also spotless), so I presume GAME and CEX will work similarly.
Bravura3 m ago

Heya, I actually had no box for that phone (Nexus 6). I ended up using EE …Heya, I actually had no box for that phone (Nexus 6). I ended up using EE Recycle instead.I did sell once to CEX, and indeed having a cable, box and everything will get you that A grade (if phone is also spotless), so I presume GAME and CEX will work similarly.

Thanks for the reply. Game seems to be best price so will try there tomorrow & go to CEX though price is lower.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions