Groups

GAME website gift card problems

Hi guys, I have been trying since yesterday to buy something through the GAME website using a gift card but with no luck. When going to the payment page I try to select Game wallet as my payment method but don't have the option to 'pay now' unless I use a credit or debit card? Anyone else have the same problem? It was working fine before the recent website maintenance but not since.

15 Comments

Original Poster

Just wanted to add I have tried through both desktop and mobile sites to no avail.

Edited by: "killerboy32" 8th Apr

Why don't you try contacting them instead of here.

I would not buy anything online from them in a billion years, order something and nothing happens at least they didn't take the money, buy a download code and it doesn't get emailed but you have to wait 28 days before they bother issuing a new email anyway as if it was a standard posted item, get emailed about a preorder i never made etc

Error440

Why don't you try contacting them instead of here.I would not buy … Why don't you try contacting them instead of here.I would not buy anything online from them in a billion years, order something and nothing happens at least they didn't take the money, buy a download code and it doesn't get emailed but you have to wait 28 days before they bother issuing a new email anyway as if it was a standard posted item, get emailed about a preorder i never made etc

He's just asking if anyone has had a similar problem... Jeez.

OP I had the exact same issue when trying to buy some PS Store credit and using PayPal. The Pay Now option simply wasn't there.

I ended up getting it elsewhere.
    Edited by: "DT89" 8th Apr

It won't solve the problem and better off using it in store as you can't trust them

You're not trying to pre-order something are you?

Original Poster

Error440

Why don't you try contacting them instead of here.I would not buy … Why don't you try contacting them instead of here.I would not buy anything online from them in a billion years, order something and nothing happens at least they didn't take the money, buy a download code and it doesn't get emailed but you have to wait 28 days before they bother issuing a new email anyway as if it was a standard posted item, get emailed about a preorder i never made etc

I have already tried but can't get through, in fact whenever I have had a problem with them I have always found it difficult to get through to someone. It can take an hour or 2 both over the phone and live chat, so I thought I would ask on here instead.

Original Poster

McPoo

You're not trying to pre-order something are you?

No, not at all

Original Poster

dtovey89

OP I had the exact same issue when trying to buy some PS Store credit and … OP I had the exact same issue when trying to buy some PS Store credit and using PayPal. The Pay Now option simply wasn't there. I ended up getting it elsewhere.

So it seems there is also a problem with PayPal? Were you trying with a gift card too or just PayPal?

Screenshot the webpage?

Screenshot the web page?

If you're using a gift card, a physical card. You need to enter the gift card number and pin instead of game wallet. It's in the middle of the page.

If you mean the gift card is on your wallet, then I have no idea what's going on. I've used them a lot and never come across this issue ever. Maybe try using guest checkout or a different browser?
    Edited by: "Bure11" 8th Apr

killerboy32

So it seems there is also a problem with PayPal? Were you trying with a … So it seems there is also a problem with PayPal? Were you trying with a gift card too or just PayPal?

PayPal only mate

Guys - what he means is that when he selects paypal/gift card as an option the "Pay Now" button dissappears and you can't click anything to pay.

Original Poster

Managed to get through to them on live chat finally, apparently they are aware of the problems and are working on a fix but couldn't give me a timeframe on when it might be sorted. If I didn't have any credit with them I wouldn't bother, very poor customer support.

Original Poster

Just wanted to update anybody who might be having this problem. I have managed to sort it now, the problem was I did not have a current payment card registered to my account. I had an expired debit card registered as the default payment method. To anyone who still has the problem, remove all expired payment cards and register an up to date one to your account which matches the address on the account. You do not need to use the card to complete checkout but you may need to have one registered if you want to complete checkout.
    After saving the card and setting it as the default card, you should be able to checkout using all payment options as normal, just make sure you change it at the payment stage to your preferred method of payment before you click 'pay now'.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions