Game.co.uk free delivery experiences

Banned 6 replies
Found 15th Feb 2011
i am preordering fight night champion from game.co.uk and i didn't choose the express delivery and instead chose the normal free delivery via royal mail the game is coming out 4th march and i pre ordered on the 25th of January will i get the game on release ?

has anyone preordered this game ?

6 Comments

Their dilvery is usally very good from what i have experienced, usaully 2 working days from ordering. You could ring them up to change the order to get the express delivery?

from experences express gets it day before release and normal is on the day normally

every game I have ever ordered with them has come a day early.

During my many years of pre-ordering from GAME.co.uk (as well as the Gamestation & Gameplay web sites) a few items have arrived on the day of release; a vast majority of the others up to three days (but typically one or two days) before the official release date. Two instances of items not arriving on or before the release day.

The first of which I was contacted by telephone about two days before the release date with an apology & the option to cancel the order. I didn't.

The second had been sent to an incorrect address. I had to chase that one myself, though... GAME wanted me to wait up to 2 weeks before making a claim for a replacement. I went to the other address & retrieved the item instead!

On the whole, good experiences. The handful of cases I stated above are a very, very small percentage of my total orders.

I have had one instance of an accurate demonstration of their advertising slogan, "the only difference is the price", when I received what looked like a used item. I was expecting a new one (as I had ordered), but that was not a pre-order.

GAME sells ex-display stock as 'new' - Will refund or replace any non-'mint' goods bought at Easter

I was one of the few that experienced the cancellation of a PS3 console bundle at the end of December but to GAME Customer Services team's credit this was resolved to my satisfaction.

Most recently I had an order cancelled by Gamestation without explanation & I had to contact them to gain more information. That again was an issue concerning no physical stock & the web stock claiming stock was available. I was offered a small discount for the inconvenience applied to one of their (new) Elite (Reward) Cards. When it arrived the card balance was £0.00.

Finally. on one occasion I was offered a refund on the price I paid because on the day of release the price of the same item had fallen, even though my order had arrived two days before then!

So, in summary; both good & bad experiences, but in majority good.

However, others (in the thread I quoted above) have not been so lucky.

BFN,

fp.

Original Poster Banned

who here has preordered this game ?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?983237
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet1533
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769443
    4. I thought the 'Dementia tax' had gone for good,apparently not.712

See more discussions