GameDemon - did anyone fall for them??? Avoid this company like the plague - SCAMMERS

Just spammed 2 posts on these forums as the company seemed to be trading as scam to steal personal ID of HUKD members.

Was wondering did anyone fall for this?

24 Comments

Original Poster

Apologies in advance for the 2 posters. BUT I just felt I HAD to spam the posts as I didn't want anyone - HUKD members or not - to get ripped off!

Some may feel I'm an annoyance and I speak my mind but at the end of the day we're all here to save money!

As I said on my other posts - in those now spammed deals ...

Anyone wanting to deal with a a new company should always do a company check at:

wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/877…nfo

Or you can click on:

companies-house.gov.uk/

then on WebCheck

Type in the company name exactly as it appears on the retailers website - its now a legal requirement to have those details somewhere on their site - or company number if you have them

In the came of The Game Demon it was on their About Us page ...

I've just clicked on their website just now & they've changed it to the directors personal details.

About UsThe Game Demon is a new and fresh online video game retailer. We … About UsThe Game Demon is a new and fresh online video game retailer. We specialize in providing our customers with the best games at the best prices possible. We regularly run promotions and deals and always ship orders within 24 hours!Registered Trading AddressO.Lawrence T/A The Game Demon22 Gresham DriveNewdaleTelfordTF3 5ESNumber 0871 823 6463 [email protected]

I think Trading Standards & HMRC need to look into this as this guy seems to be doing the con himself!

Original Poster

So was 1 of the posters Mr Lawrence?

Originally the web page stated the company was registered as Entertainment Corner Limited co reg no: 06855110

wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/0fa…ils

Within minutes of me highlighting it on HUKD the GameDemon website suddenly changed the info to Mr Lawrence's name personally but as can be seen by the above quote they didn't remove the "registered trading address" which is what a limited company site would state

Will pass on the info I have to HMRC and Trading Standards tomorrow to stop people like Mr Lawrence stealing from both the tax-man & us!

I knew the free dvd offer and the nfsp hot pursuit deals were too good to be true! Thank god I didnt fall prey to the scam.

Original Poster

DEALofaLifetime

I knew the free dvd offer and the nfsp hot pursuit deals were too good to … I knew the free dvd offer and the nfsp hot pursuit deals were too good to be true! Thank god I didnt fall prey to the scam.

Wonder what this guy was thinking of? Then suddenly changing the info on the site whilst HUKD members were buying to suit his own agenda! Not a nice person that's for sure, lets just hope TS or the Inland Revenue can look into this matter further ...

Original Poster

DEALofaLifetime

I knew the free dvd offer and the nfsp hot pursuit deals were too good to … I knew the free dvd offer and the nfsp hot pursuit deals were too good to be true! Thank god I didnt fall prey to the scam.

As a side note good to hear you didn't get scammed Lets just hope the others can sort something out - if any did buy from them or try the free cd offer

theonlytazman

Apologies in advance for the 2 posters. BUT I just felt I HAD to spam the … Apologies in advance for the 2 posters. BUT I just felt I HAD to spam the posts as I didn't want anyone - HUKD members or not - to get ripped off!Some may feel I'm an annoyance and I speak my mind but at the end of the day we're all here to save money!As I said on my other posts - in those now spammed deals ...Anyone wanting to deal with a a new company should always do a company check at:http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/877249310089e9853653413e11749c27/wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfoOr you can click on:http://www.companies-house.gov.uk/then on WebCheckType in the company name exactly as it appears on the retailers website - its now a legal requirement to have those details somewhere on their site - or company number if you have themIn the came of The Game Demon it was on their About Us page ...I've just clicked on their website just now & they've changed it to the directors personal details.I think Trading Standards & HMRC need to look into this as this guy seems to be doing the con himself!

Thank for this info ( company check link ) very useful.

Thanks OP great company check there. Well done
Edited by: "mrman007" 17th Jan 2011

Original Poster

No probs but did anyone try to buy anything from them or even get the free cd?

Banned

I got the free cd and game, cheers!

Original Poster

lumoruk

I got the free cd and game, cheers!

If you get them can you let us know as I'd like to know how he'd been trading. Seems this con-artist had been trading under his ltd company and fraudulently then wound it down! Sure hmrc & ts would be interested in him

Good luck to anyone who did buy from him though, hopefully there aren't that many!

Original Poster

Looks like my other post has been removed by admin, wonder why the secrecy???

theonlytazman

Looks like my other post has been removed by admin, wonder why the … Looks like my other post has been removed by admin, wonder why the secrecy???

More likely it was member spammed - if admin wanted to end the discussion the thread would just be locked.

EDIT - your other thread is back
Edited by: "gari189" 18th Jan 2011

supermod

theonlytazman

Looks like my other post has been removed by admin, wonder why the … Looks like my other post has been removed by admin, wonder why the secrecy???

It had been spammed by two forum members (it only takes two members with full vote to spam a thread), but when I saw it in the spam list I unspammed it again for you though

Edited by: "sigma" 18th Jan 2011

Original Poster

Thanks sigma

I fell for them, I'm kinda ashamed to admit, since I'm always so good with this kind of thing. However I've had an email this morning to say my order has been posted...? Obviously I'll wait to see if it turns up, but all seems well at the moment? I'm worried now after reading this thread. Lesson most definitely learnt.

I've dealt with Entertainment Corner before, and GameDemon is a new site related to them. I know them from another forum they operate on frequently.

I know the bloke as I've spoken to him on a several occasions, it seems I've missed something though! What happened?

Banned

nickw90

it seems I've missed something though! What happened?

I'm curious too

Original Poster

greatest666

I'm curious too

He traded under the limited company umbrella even though the company had filed no accounts and closed up in nov 2010. When I then highlighted in the previous posts he suddenly changed the details to a soletrader

He's going to enjoy explaining this away to hmrc !!!

Original Poster

nickw90

I've dealt with Entertainment Corner before, and GameDemon is a new site … I've dealt with Entertainment Corner before, and GameDemon is a new site related to them. I know them from another forum they operate on frequently.I know the bloke as I've spoken to him on a several occasions, it seems I've missed something though! What happened?

He's a 21/22 yr old and changes company info as & when he feels like it. I'd avoid any company he deals with in the future.

I have been ripped off by tis company. Ordered a game which I have not received but money has been taken out of my account for it. I have tried to contact them via phone there was no answer and mailbox full. I have had two emails in which they stated they would refund my payment. I am deeply upset by all this and would hate any one else to get ripped off by them. I have tried trading standards and they cant do any thing. I wish there was something I could do.

Original Poster

beverley19707

I have been ripped off by tis company. Ordered a game which I have not … I have been ripped off by tis company. Ordered a game which I have not received but money has been taken out of my account for it. I have tried to contact them via phone there was no answer and mailbox full. I have had two emails in which they stated they would refund my payment. I am deeply upset by all this and would hate any one else to get ripped off by them. I have tried trading standards and they cant do any thing. I wish there was something I could do.

You could contact the Inland Revenue fraud hotline

Either online - online.hmrc.gov.uk/sho…IRF?dept-name=TEH&sub-dept-name=&location=39&origin=hmrc.gov.uk

Or phone - 0800 788 887 (open Monday to Friday from 8.00 am to 8.00 pm, Saturday and Sunday 8.00 am to 4.00 pm)

This guy has messed people about, just hope he does get what he deserves!

you guys are crazy, the owner is a legitimate trader selling games for the past 5 yrs or more , he also had an ebay store with 20,000 feedback + ..........So before you go around talking rubbish about people's livelihood, you should think twice. So what if the name was changed from Ltd to Sole Trader, you making it sound as if the world has come to end.........* this is meant for the noob who thinks he is the supreme being, I guess its a grumpy kid or adult who definitly on the dole and upset with the fact he cannot get a job nor start his own business*

The guy is legit and I use his dropshipping services and have been for the past 3 yrs.........Don't know where this spam thing came from..........

gclipp

you guys are crazy, the owner is a legitimate trader selling games for … you guys are crazy, the owner is a legitimate trader selling games for the past 5 yrs or more , he also had an ebay store with 20,000 feedback + ..........So before you go around talking rubbish about people's livelihood, you should think twice. So what if the name was changed from Ltd to Sole Trader, you making it sound as if the world has come to end.........* this is meant for the noob who thinks he is the supreme being, I guess its a grumpy kid or adult who definitly on the dole and upset with the fact he cannot get a job nor start his own business*The guy is legit and I use his dropshipping services and have been for the past 3 yrs.........Don't know where this spam thing came from..........

Guess who this guy is.Been a member for 59 minutes and straight on to this thread.

X)

Original Poster

gclipp

you guys are crazy, the owner is a legitimate trader selling games for … you guys are crazy, the owner is a legitimate trader selling games for the past 5 yrs or more , he also had an ebay store with 20,000 feedback + ..........So before you go around talking rubbish about people's livelihood, you should think twice. So what if the name was changed from Ltd to Sole Trader, you making it sound as if the world has come to end.........* this is meant for the noob who thinks he is the supreme being, I guess its a grumpy kid or adult who definitly on the dole and upset with the fact he cannot get a job nor start his own business*The guy is legit and I use his dropshipping services and have been for the past 3 yrs.........Don't know where this spam thing came from..........

Oliver the reason we highlighted your scam was for exactly that reason. YOU ARE A CON ARTIST! You're the reason why this country is in the state its in. Non-payment of tax/vat, setting up companies all over the place and then trying to come onto this forum to state that you're a legit trader!

C'mon we're not that gullible! At 21 years age you should know better ... blame the parents i say ...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?510
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423914468
    3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!22
    4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553771

See more discussions