Gamefly Streaming Service now available in UK

Editor 6
Found 8th Jun 2017Edited by:"BuzzDuraband"
I'm not sure if any of you are aware? (I certainly wasn't) but Gamefly have a streaming service available with various PC games available for just £7.95 a month, which I don't really think is an overly bad price, more so in comparison with the recent Xbox Games Pass.

2712537.jpg
The service has now hit the UK and is available via the following devices with a free trial available...

• Samsung Smart TV - Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Hungary, Russian Federation
  • LG Smart TV - Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
  • EMTEC - Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
  • Philips Smart TV - Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
  • Meo Jogos - Portugal

Gamefly Streaming is alsocurrently accesable in the US via the Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick devices, so hopefully this will follow and be available as options in the UK soon enough.

If you don't have a compatible device to use as a controller, you can use your smartphone as one, although I'm not entirely sure how good this would be.

Here is a page for the games available [Link]
Community Updates
MiscStreaming
6 Comments
Original Poster Editor
Just out of curiosity, if anybody has one of the compatible TV devices, could you have a look and tell me how long the trial is for?
BuzzDuraband

Just out of curiosity, if anybody has one of the compatible TV devices, … Just out of curiosity, if anybody has one of the compatible TV devices, could you have a look and tell me how long the trial is for?

Can't see a set time on Samsung TV, it is just offering "Try Free For Ten Minutes" on the titles
Seems like the GameFly app has been available for the Fire TV on the Amazon appstore
There is a decent catalogue of games there.

Services like this will likely be the future of home "console" gaming in my opinion.
Edited by: "RossD89" 8th Jun 2017
Can't remember how long I was able to test Witcher 3. Think offer was like half hour or an hour. I didn't play it long as was messing about with the new tv at the time.

I'd pass on streaming services for games. The Microsoft route seems more solid.
The Gamefly home page says that the streaming to Amazon devices is available in the UK too.

Shame it's only to these devices or a smart TV. I don't get to use the TV for gaming as it's down in the lounge. I've got the box room for gaming but don't have one of the listed devices to stream to, shame. Looks like a good service with plenty of good games to choose from.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions