GAME's games unsealed?

Am I being unreasonable expecting a new game to be sealed? I got a "new" ps vita game from game today and it arrived unsealed with two of their stickers on it, case looks scratched up. I send some games back before but cant be bothered this time. I'm guessing they are ex store displays and unplayed? They have to unseal incase people nick the case with game inside. Are all GAME's games like this?

8 Comments

I hate it when they do that!!
can't think of any other products where they get away with taking it out of the box... imagine getting a new TV and it's not in a closed box
I bought a game from grainger games as a present and came like that and said no I want a sealed one as its a present and they said they don't have them sealed.
I had no choice at the time as it was 15 quid cheaper than others

If you complain they'll give you a sealed copy I believe. Game are notorious for this.

This is exactly why I don't buy from Game Shops...They are overpriced and they rarely send a game sealed in my experience. I don't think you are being unreasonable. I can also remember buying a game that was "new" yet unsealed and scratched.

i'd kick up a fuss
after all, you've already got an open copy and this was for your video games collection, 8,000 games for 23 platforms, all sealed and unblemished by human touch (_;)

but seriously, all media - DVDs, games, CDs, vinyls etc should come to the end-user in factory sealed packaging.
if they are a national chain of retailers, surely they'd get a display box? all they need is the inlay/insert to put into the case of an old game they no longer sell.
no reason for it to be unopened
send it back, get a refund, get them to incur costs for their error, and re-order - keep doing until you get a proper copy

how does that work with distance selling as you have no proof you didnt open it when they sent it?

think it is very poor form...

justanothercid

how does that work with distance selling as you have no proof you didnt … how does that work with distance selling as you have no proof you didnt open it when they sent it?think it is very poor form...

I think Game put a security sticker seal on their games

Traded in copy they have sent you i bet, there is no reason for a game bought online not to be factory sealed, period.

Original Poster

justanothercid

how does that work with distance selling as you have no proof you didnt … how does that work with distance selling as you have no proof you didnt open it when they sent it?think it is very poor form...

I still have the stickers on it (where it opens, also there is one on the back saying property of game london until sold or something), I may send it back now. I only buy new games really and keep them in good condition.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Iptv1228
    2. Music download79
    3. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed67
    4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1416

See more discussions