Games installed on an XBox One

Found 7th Feb
I'm looking at buying a second-hand XBox One for my son. Somebody selling one has a couple of games in cases to go with the box. They have also said that they have two games already installed on the box. Surely, if I buy the XBox off of them, won't the installed games be registered to their account? Would my son still be able to play the installed games if he does not have the games in their cases? Thank you.
Community Updates
AskGaming
8 Comments
I would not buy on price of the installed game , if the price does not reflect the games on hdd then buy and just hope he never changes his account password so you lose access to the games.
Original Poster
taiko5 m ago

I would not buy on price of the installed game , if the price does not …I would not buy on price of the installed game , if the price does not reflect the games on hdd then buy and just hope he never changes his account password so you lose access to the games.

Surely, if I bought it for myself, he would have to set up his own account? I don't think the seller would give me his account details would he? Thinking about it, don't some new Xboxes come with one or two games already installed? Thank you.
Original Poster
I meant if I bought the Xbox, my son would have to set up his own account.
Yea your right they would be with the email of the previous owner not the xbox
Original Poster
gormley906 m ago

Yea your right they would be with the email of the previous owner not the …Yea your right they would be with the email of the previous owner not the xbox

Just had another thought. If I buy a box that comes with one or two hard copies of games, would my son be able to actually install the games on the Xbox in his new account - say the previous owner downloaded them on the Xbox as well and the games were still installed on the box to the previous owner - would the XBox have to have a reset done to clear that information? Thank you.
Ud av to buy the codes and or disc mate and if you bought the disc you would have to have it in the xbox when you played the game. Ask the seller are they or can they include the xbox account details aswell
Digital game's are tied to the account, so nope you don't get them, the only games u get are the one on a physical disk that you can install, what games come with it
Original Poster
Thank you all for your advice. The Xbox has now gone, but I will not bother looking for a second-hand one with games already installed.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions