Gameseek Honouring Nintendo Switch Pre-order Misprice

Thought I'd give Gameseek some kudos for doing the right thing here. They are honouring their circa 1,000 miss priced orders of the Nintendo Switch at circa £80 discount.

Good on um I say!

eurogamer.net/art…ers

15 Comments

More than they are worth anyway

Original Poster

benjammin316

More than they are worth anyway

​I think Nintendo have a problem with the pricing as when I ask people they exclaim "Nintendo? I'd pay about £150 max." they've got an image problem...

Unlikely

alexjameshaines

​I think Nintendo have a problem with the pricing as when I ask people t … ​I think Nintendo have a problem with the pricing as when I ask people they exclaim "Nintendo? I'd pay about £150 max." they've got an image problem...

Been reading this morning about the Switch,

LOL 1 - Nintendo confirms that the NES or SNES game you get per month with the new paid online service will only be available for that month, after which you have to buy the game to continue playing it. - NES/SNES games only. Good one!

LOL 2 - Want to chat online? - You're gonna need a smartphone and an app to do that - Our new dedicated smart device app will connect to Nintendo Switch and let you invite friends to play online, set play appointments, and chat with friends during online matches in compatible games─all from your smart device.
A free, limited version of this app will be available for download in summer 2017.
- Just when you think Nintendo is finally getting a clue about online gameplay, they go and put in the worst of it.

LOL 3 - 32GB HDD - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild File Size Is 40% of Switch's Storage - gamespot.com/art…37/ - Sure just buy a micro sd - AKA another hidden cost to the consumer

I know a lot of people say Nintendo is out of touch but god damn was that a showcase yesterday of just how out of touch they are.

https://media.giphy.com/media/O5NyCibf93upy/giphy.gif

Original Poster

benjammin316

Been reading this morning about the Switch, LOL 1 - Nintendo confirms … Been reading this morning about the Switch, LOL 1 - Nintendo confirms that the NES or SNES game you get per month with the new paid online service will only be available for that month, after which you have to buy the game to continue playing it. - NES/SNES games only. Good one!LOL 2 - Want to chat online? - You're gonna need a smartphone and an app to do that - Our new dedicated smart device app will connect to Nintendo Switch and let you invite friends to play online, set play appointments, and chat with friends during online matches in compatible games─all from your smart device.A free, limited version of this app will be available for download in summer 2017. - Just when you think Nintendo is finally getting a clue about online gameplay, they go and put in the worst of it.LOL 3 - 32GB HDD - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild File Size Is 40% of Switch's Storage - http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-file-size-i/1100-6446937/ - Sure just buy a micro sd - AKA another hidden cost to the consumerI know a lot of people say Nintendo is out of touch but god damn was that a showcase yesterday of just how out of touch they are.

​LOL1 - So a thirty day trial
LOL2 - Free, LIMITED - HTF can you limit chat!?
LOL3 - Oh dear, although at least it isn't proprietary ala Sony...

I would wait until release day to talk about this. Obviously as per Nintendo rules, there will be limited number of devices allocated to each retailer on the release date. Gameseek won't be different... honouring 1000 "self-priced" or as you say "mis-priced" devices for them is such a big thing, I assure you. That's £80000 off the pocket. What motivates you to be such nice? On the other hand, they should know if they don't honour these they'll be dead for everyone (since they advertised their price guarantee for console preorders) AND they'll be kick off HUKD for good, lol. Seems like they're in deep s#@!, lol.
Edited by: "mixmixi" 14th Jan

benjammin316

Been reading this morning about the Switch, LOL 1 - Nintendo confirms … Been reading this morning about the Switch, LOL 1 - Nintendo confirms that the NES or SNES game you get per month with the new paid online service will only be available for that month, after which you have to buy the game to continue playing it. - NES/SNES games only. Good one!LOL 2 - Want to chat online? - You're gonna need a smartphone and an app to do that - Our new dedicated smart device app will connect to Nintendo Switch and let you invite friends to play online, set play appointments, and chat with friends during online matches in compatible games─all from your smart device.A free, limited version of this app will be available for download in summer 2017. - Just when you think Nintendo is finally getting a clue about online gameplay, they go and put in the worst of it.LOL 3 - 32GB HDD - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild File Size Is 40% of Switch's Storage - http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-file-size-i/1100-6446937/ - Sure just buy a micro sd - AKA another hidden cost to the consumerI know a lot of people say Nintendo is out of touch but god damn was that a showcase yesterday of just how out of touch they are.

Yep I'm with you. Just yesterday I mentioned the price that they are charging for another controller will just kill the very essence of what Nintendo stood for - muliplaying with your family. Therefore this whole console I think will be a disaster. They are clearly asking too much of the consumer for too little in return

Wasn't going to stay up for the 4am reveal.

However, randomly woke up at half 5 and checked Switch Reddit.
I was so sure I was going to pre-order but then saw the price (all rumors were suggesting 200-225) plus the extortionate cost of extra accessories (pro controller 80 USD!).

Combined with a dire selection of launch games (excluding Zelda) I decided against it.

I'm not paying £280 + £40 for Zelda. Also, wanted a pro controller so if the 1:1 exchange rate is true that's £400.

Can get a PS4 pro and Vita for that. Or a PS4 Slim and a XB1.

Will wait for more games and a price drop. Could possibly be tempted by a cheap Wii U for Zelda but can't see them dropping price (have they ever except briefly in 2014)?

Meh. Was really looking forward to it.

Awful battery life too. Poor online service. Nintendo should listen to consumers not investors. Make a modern SNES and just revive the Gameboy line. People would go mental.

expandable storage can only be a good thing
microsd cards come down in price all the time
base memory added to consoles is much higher and doesn't seem to come down in price
so over time your set up becomes cheaper to buy overall and/or with higher capacity

mixmixi

That's £80000 off the pocket.

Not quite. They're making a £33k loss instead of the £33k profit they would have made.

and re: the op topic
aren't gameseek the company that dont even honour their correct prices?

Rubisco

Not quite. They're making a £33k loss instead of the £33k profit they w … Not quite. They're making a £33k loss instead of the £33k profit they would have made.

What I meant was the potential earning of 80K not the amount of loss but either way it doesn't make sense for anyone they'd accept to do such thing at any points.

mixmixi

What I meant was the potential earning of 80K not the amount of loss but … What I meant was the potential earning of 80K not the amount of loss but either way it doesn't make sense for anyone they'd accept to do such thing at any points.

advertising budget

alexjameshaines

​I think Nintendo have a problem with the pricing as when I ask people t … ​I think Nintendo have a problem with the pricing as when I ask people they exclaim "Nintendo? I'd pay about £150 max." they've got an image problem...

I don't think it's an image problem as much as a lot of people only want to play 3-4 games out on Nintendo consoles and don't have £300 to spend on that few games as they need to buy PS4/xbone/pc to compliment it . Personally I am only interested in 3D Mario,Zelda,zenoblade and shin megami tense and historically Nintendo only release 1 of each of these games per console ...... most of the 3rd party stuff is trash like it was on the wii , which makes £280 very expensive for 4 games and about her box to join my PS4 gathering dust
Great price on this thread , kinda wished I preordered as I think it might of been a hit at £199
Edited by: "codnan" 14th Jan

get a Nvidia shield..
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
    2. Biscuit addiction1231
    3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
    4. Easyjet - book now or wait?813

See more discussions