Expired

Gamesharing Xbox One Question

Found 7th Apr 2015
Hi, I logged intomy friends account on my xbox one and downloaded some games he had digitally purchased. I set his profile as 'my home xbox' and I'm able to play the games on my account fine. My question is this: If he was to purchase another game... say tonight, will it be there for me to download (once downloaded) along with all his current games or will I have to go through all the log-in and my home xbox things again (As I know you can only choose the 'make this my home xbox' option 3 times a year)?

Sorry if its confusing, didn't type it out very well.
Community Updates
12 Comments
Yes, this is known as the game share hack
Liquidsky

Yes, this is known as the game share hack

Ughhhh... its not a hack

Its perfectly fine to do, Microsoft themselves will even explain the process, and yes now that you have his gamertag on your console (as long as it is set as his home console) everything he purchases (bar a few DLC items) you will get and vice versa
Original Poster
Okay thanks its just so that I will purchase a digital game code and give to him to redeem. As its only fair to give a little back
This way I can play it too (_;)
Edited by: "Shayno" 7th Apr 2015
Hang on hang on hang on..... If I add my friends gamertag to my Xbox and vice versa, we can share our digital games?????

Edit: dunno why the down vote, it's a legitimate question
Edited by: "SJHan" 7th Apr 2015
Original Poster
stuarthanley

Hang on hang on hang on..... If I add my friends gamertag to my Xbox and … Hang on hang on hang on..... If I add my friends gamertag to my Xbox and vice versa, we can share our digital games?????Edit: dunno why the down vote, it's a legitimate question

Yeah its a thing microsoft let their gamers do. (Xbox One not 360)
PS4 has 'Shareplay' in which friends can play with/against you in a game that they don't own, just from a party invite method.
Shayno

Yeah its a thing microsoft let their gamers do. (Xbox One not 360)PS4 has … Yeah its a thing microsoft let their gamers do. (Xbox One not 360)PS4 has 'Shareplay' in which friends can play with/against you in a game that they don't own, just from a party invite method.

Nice one. Will have to look into this a bit deeper.
stuarthanley

Hang on hang on hang on..... If I add my friends gamertag to my Xbox and … Hang on hang on hang on..... If I add my friends gamertag to my Xbox and vice versa, we can share our digital games?????Edit: dunno why the down vote, it's a legitimate question

yes indeed!

Plus, if you buy games from, say, the USA store, it works out at £40 per new game which would cost £59.99 here. Just get credit from Amazon.com - then share the cost, so new games cost 20 quid per game!
benjammin316

yes indeed!Plus, if you buy games from, say, the USA store, it works out … yes indeed!Plus, if you buy games from, say, the USA store, it works out at £40 per new game which would cost £59.99 here. Just get credit from Amazon.com - then share the cost, so new games cost 20 quid per game!

Already but from USA and Hungary but this game share thing is a whole new level, lol.
stuarthanley

Already but from USA and Hungary but this game share thing is a whole new … Already but from USA and Hungary but this game share thing is a whole new level, lol.

Get yourself a good dependable friend who you know will not screw you over.

benjammin316

Get yourself a good dependable friend who you know will not screw you … Get yourself a good dependable friend who you know will not screw you over.

So if I had his gamertag details on by Xbox one and he had my gt details on his Xbox one, we could download and keep each other's digital games? Would I have to be logged in as him and he log in as me or would the games be there for either gamertag?
stuarthanley

So if I had his gamertag details on by Xbox one and he had my gt details … So if I had his gamertag details on by Xbox one and he had my gt details on his Xbox one, we could download and keep each other's digital games? Would I have to be logged in as him and he log in as me or would the games be there for either gamertag?

Go to his, log in, set his console as your home console.

He comes to yours, signs in, sets your console as his home console.

Now whatever he buys you get a copy, and vice versa.

You don't have to be logged in to his profile, you never need to touch it again on your console.

You can both play the same game, at the same time
benjammin316

Go to his, log in, set his console as your home console. He comes to … Go to his, log in, set his console as your home console. He comes to yours, signs in, sets your console as his home console. Now whatever he buys you get a copy, and vice versa. You don't have to be logged in to his profile, you never need to touch it again on your console. You can both play the same game, at the same time

Nice one. Cheers

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions