Gamestation Pre Owned consoles

Banned
Morning all,

I recently bought a pre owned 360 from Gamestation, 6 weeks later I got the 3 red lights. Sent it off to MS to fix, they returned it saying that as it had been tampered with, they would not fix it.

Surely GS check the consoles before they sell them? I have lost my recepit but have a CC bill, you think I have any chance of getting my money back or will they make me exchange it? I phoned them but they said come into the store, and wouldnt say over the phone if I would be refunded.

Cheers

14 Comments

im sure as long as you have some sort of receipt they will change or refund, cc statement is fine and also show them the m/s letter.

Demand a refund........you are well within your rights.

Sounds like someone did a fix on their 360, replaced the warranty sticker and got rid.

Theres a chance Gamestation will say that you tampered with it.

However, pop into store, argue.

GS do not check warranty stickers, well in my branch the person before me who i knew had his xbox flashed and he traded his in. They just tested it to see if it works

Original Poster Banned

vengod;4841545

Theres a chance Gamestation will say that you tampered with it. However, … Theres a chance Gamestation will say that you tampered with it. However, pop into store, argue.

The fact I bought it with Kane & Lynch and Super Smashcourt Tennis, shows I know nothing about gaming!!

On a serious note, I reckon they might. I would prefer a refund but feel I'll be lucky to get anything from them.

Put the ble on them! Good comment is

"What can you do for me"??

Original Poster Banned

blanka;4841579

Put the ble on them! Good comment is"What can you do for me"??

if I add, 'before I take your family hostage' to the end of that I might get somewhere!

I no my local one only checks if it works as they have had consoles taking off them for them being stolen and everything (dont buy from them anymore)

Original Poster Banned

BlondeBella;4841602

I no my local one only checks if it works as they have had consoles … I no my local one only checks if it works as they have had consoles taking off them for them being stolen and everything (dont buy from them anymore)

cheers all, will go ready for war and see what they say. Would rather not buy from them again.

Banned

Obviously slightly different, but when I had a game that didn't work (pre-owned), they swapped it without seeing the receipt or anything! The box had a gamestation preowned sticker on it, but beyond that, it could have just been me trying to get a new disk!

Gamestation are usually pretty good, so hopefully you'll get somewhere!

GS ALWAYS put a GS warranty sticker on the xbox under the front panel, they remove the original M$ warranty sticker so if the GS sticker is in tact they can see you have not tampered with it,

Original Poster Banned

ms2005;4842866

GS ALWAYS put a GS warranty sticker on the xbox under the front panel, … GS ALWAYS put a GS warranty sticker on the xbox under the front panel, they remove the original M$ warranty sticker so if the GS sticker is in tact they can see you have not tampered with it,

I hope this is the case, I certainly have not tampered with it.

Thanks

MarvinHank;4843015

I hope this is the case, I certainly have not tampered with it.Thanks

Yup,

I removed one just yesterday.

Just take the front panel off, just snaps right off and to the left of the power button is where M$ stick the warranty stickers, there will be a big GS silver and blue sticker.

Even if it has a M$ sticker on they can see you have not messed with it.

I think GS buy up broken xboxs, fix them and flog them hence why they need to put GS warranty stickers on.

How did you get on, what did Gamestation say dude?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4642194
    2. Sky Fibre Max33
    3. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate1620
    4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?36196

See more discussions