Gamestation Price-Match - Double original offer.

Deff worth getting GameStation to price match if possible. Went to my local and they offered me £11.50 for GT5 (£9) and EyePet (£3.50), an insult! Got them to price match CEX round the corner (GT5 £16, EyePet £4) plus £1/game they weren't cheaper on.

In the end got £22 for my trade ins (double their original offer)

It really does pay to check around and get these places to Price Match!

11 Comments

in before cool story bro

so let me get this straight the wii stuff was priced at 22.99, you got 22 in trades yet still had to pay £12.99 because your skillz weren't good enough to get the wii junk for what the sticker said.

I wouldn't have classed that as much of a victory but if your happy then thats the main thing.

Wait, in one sentence CEX isn't within a mile and in another sentence its round the corner?

Eh?! Why is that a victory?

amfan

Wait, in one sentence CEX isn't within a mile and in another sentence its … Wait, in one sentence CEX isn't within a mile and in another sentence its round the corner?

My thinking exactly

Original Poster

^ Haywards Heath wouldn't price match, so went to Crawley as CEX is round the corner.

I was getting it to get the Wii Controller tbh...

This is more about the fact that Gamestation tradein offers are ****
Edited by: "A13" 12th Jun 2011

so it's priced up at £22.99 and you paid £34.99, sounds like a massive fail to me

Had you taken the cruddy trade in originally at haywards heath and paid £22.99 for the wii gear you would have paid £10.49. Less money and no wasted time.
Edited by: "pinkleponkle" 12th Jun 2011

why not take the credit from the better trade in to the other store & pay 99p

Original Poster

pinkleponkle

so it's priced up at £22.99 and you paid £34.99, sounds like a massive f … so it's priced up at £22.99 and you paid £34.99, sounds like a massive fail to meHad you taken the cruddy trade in originally at haywards heath and paid £22.99 for the wii gear you would have paid £10.49. Less money and no wasted time.

I wanted it in black..

Didn't actually try scanning the one at HH, prob would have had same prob
Edited by: "A13" 12th Jun 2011

Why have you changed the op?

ivegotalobon

Why have you changed the op?

because the original made him look daft.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…22
    2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?914
    3. Sad news about Barcelona26113
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188

See more discussions