Gamestation price match enquiry

5 replies
Found 16th Oct 2008
I'm wanting to buy PES2009, and I don't want Fifa 09 anymore. Asda are selling pes2009 for £27 as you all know, so would I be able to trade in Fifa09 for the rough price of about £28 and get Gamestation to pricematch Asda down to £26?

Has anyone successfully done this before?

Hope this makes sense,

Cheers

5 Comments

Just had a look on the gamestation website and in the terms and conditions and unfortunately it says

"Question: Will Gamestation stores match the prices on the website?
Answer: No. Gamestation stores will not match the prices on the website."

So doesn't look like you'll get them to price match asda, sorry.

Regards Matt

Original Poster

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your help. I think that means that the Gamestation stores will not match the prices on the gamestation website.

I am looking for them to price match the asda store price of £27 though and be able to trade in fifa 09 at the same time, just wondering if this is possible or if people have done something similar previously?

Thanks

phoenix_af;3216361

I am looking for them to price match the asda store price of £27 though … I am looking for them to price match the asda store price of £27 though and be able to trade in fifa 09 at the same time, just wondering if this is possible or if people have done something similar previousl

thats exactly what i wanna do

Original Poster

Just an update, they wouldn't do it, had to trade in fifa for £25 at blockbuster and pay a tenner for pro

phoenix_af;3220208

Just an update, they wouldn't do it, had to trade in fifa for £25 at … Just an update, they wouldn't do it, had to trade in fifa for £25 at blockbuster and pay a tenner for pro

If CEX was within 5 mile of your Gamestation you could have traded FIFA in for £34.
Also if Asda was within 5 mile of Gamestation they would have price matched.

Would have had to be 1 or the other though.

When Fifa came out I went into Gamestation with Guitar Hero 3, they were gonna gonna give me £32 for it, I had a print out from CEX saying £45, so Gamestation price matched the trade in price.
I then asked if they price matched FIFA with Tesco £29.71 and they said yes, but I could only price match 1.
So I opted to get £45 for Guitar Hero and pay £39.99 for FIFA and get £5.01 on a credit voucher.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Foo fighters pre sale code89
    2. Anyone got an Infrared bathroom heater?22
    3. Hi any flying experience for kids under 4?12
    4. Wireless headphones33

See more discussions