Gamestation - Taking The P***

9 replies
Found 27th Mar 2009
Just went to Gamestation and bought Nights on Wii preowned for £7.99

My mate was driving out of the car park when I opened it to discover no instruction manual, phoned them up and the lad said 'Oh we dont actually have to tell people when theres no instruction manual' I tried to explain to him that they should be telling people what they are buying but he wasnt interested kept repeating the same old rubbish, told me to take it back but as Id already left the car park I wasnt about to pay again to take it back, what a joke Ill be writing off to the HQ about it

9 Comments

You do that, shame on them!

Original Poster

Dont have to tell people ! lol its a joke, it just the principal of the thing, got me raging

Banned

You should have checked everything before you went out the store!!! ~ i check everything including if disc or game is scratched!!!

It's a pretty common problem - when I used to work at HO there were lots of complaints about missing manuals etc - people tend to find out when they get home as (with Game at least) they stick those stupid preowned stickers that when broken they won't accept as a return.

I'd definitely write and complain - almost as bad as the practice of selling traded in games as brand new if they are in mint condition.

Original Poster

jjcaho;4756601

You should have checked everything before you went out the store!!! ~ i … You should have checked everything before you went out the store!!! ~ i check everything including if disc or game is scratched!!!

You're right ! its all my fault ! :x

A few times I've bought games without manuals I have actually questioned them about it and each time they say:

"Oh there's a tutorial in the game anyway so you don't really need it anyway!"

Even when they know diddly squat about the game and most don't.

It's not that I read the manuals, but without them the game case just looks bare.

Original Poster

niminator;4756643

A few times I've bought games without manuals I have actually questioned … A few times I've bought games without manuals I have actually questioned them about it and each time they say:"Oh there's a tutorial in the game anyway so you don't really need it anyway!"Even when they know diddly squat about the game and most don't. It's not that I read the manuals, but without them the game case just looks bare.

The fact is they should be made, by law to tell you when the game doesnt have a book as its an integral part of the game, ok , i myself never read them but that is nothte point, plus you know theyd only give you pennies for it without the book if you took it in for a trade

iNSOMANiAC;4756662

The fact is they should be made, by law to tell you when the hame doesnt … The fact is they should be made, by law to tell you when the hame doesnt have a book as its an integral part of the game, ok , i myself never read them but that is nothte point, plus you know theyd only give you pennies for it without the book if you took it in for a trade

True, as it's stated on the actual game case that it contains the manual. So what you are buying is not what is described.
I could go on but I would get a refund or at least try and get a manual off them, they are pretty sure to have other preowned copies with the manual.

Original Poster

To their credit I sent them an email and they have got back to me saying they are going to send the instruction manual although that is hardly the point its still a good gesture.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Typical cost of boiler installation11
    2. 2 for 1 code33
    3. Travelling from London Stadium after an event23
    4. With or without cream?45

See more discussions