GameStation/Game - Price match with Cex on Trade In's?

Found 20th Jul 2008
Have two old games that I want to trade but Game and GameStations trade in value's are a few quid less than Cex's but both have better offers than Cex.

Anyone know if either of these stores price match with Cex and what I need to do to make that happen? I know this has been mentioined on the boards before but cant find a proper answer anywhere (tried searching)!!

7 Comments

Game won't price match, and my local Game will NOT print out their receipts for me to get a price match elsewhere... I hate Game!

Gamestation need either a receipt or I think they will accept a print out from CEX website on the day you go to their store, and the CEX needs to be within 2 miles. They will not only price match, but will beat by £1 for each item (they sometimes try to say it's £1 on the total, but it isn't - if it was, you might aswell trade everything individually?).

Blockbuster will price match too, and my local one said they will just ring other stores for confirmation.... not tried it as yet

hodsey77;2569187

Game won't price match, and my local Game will NOT print out their … Game won't price match, and my local Game will NOT print out their receipts for me to get a price match elsewhere... I hate Game!Gamestation need either a receipt or I think they will accept a print out from CEX website on the day you go to their store, and the CEX needs to be within 2 miles. They will not only price match, but will beat by £1 for each item (they sometimes try to say it's £1 on the total, but it isn't - if it was, you might aswell trade everything individually?).Blockbuster will price match too, and my local one said they will just ring other stores for confirmation.... not tried it as yet

Repped :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Great information as ever hodsey77 rep your way.

Thats very useful to know as there is a Cex at West End and a GameStation at Camden Town so think will see if they can match Cex's prices with a web print out.

Thanks both for rep!

Hopefully you'll have no problems, but it may be worth phoning Gamestation to double-check before you head on up there, just incase things are different in the big city, hehe!

Original Poster

LOL its cool I'm near near anyway and already have a credit note so not to worry.
Will let you know how I get on though!

BlockBuster always have better value on trade-ins anyway! Just **** prices on games. Might be worth trying the price match

Had a good day today, phoned up Gamestation Manchester and confirmed they did the price beat on the trade-ins, printed out prices of 65 ps2 games, a ps2 and a wireless adapter from cex, took it in and got £375 trade in ! in GAME was looking at less than £150.00

Madness really Gamestation were giving me higher trade in prices on some games than they sell them at, and the pricies on CEX are very high. So can confirm gamestation will add a pound ontothe trade in price of every game you price match with CEX.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Video shows nurses laughing as dying WWII vet calls for help914
    2. The Dark Knight Trilogy remastered in 4K UHD. Released December 18.57
    3. A christmas wish1011
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread434814923

See more discussions