Gaming and projector screens...

Found 26th Apr
Hey guys, I need a bit of advice from the experts, if I may

I'm wanting to get a projector and screen for the living area. I'll be using it primarily for the Xbox One X console and movies. So here's what I'd like to know...

• What size screen, viewing area can I expect with a distance of 13ft from seating to wall.
  • Is there a massive viewing difference between 720p and 1080p with projectors (I'm well out of the 4K league at the moment).
  • Would I just run a HDMI cable from my current RXV-671 to the projector to gain audio through the current 'cinema' setup
  • What would be the best value for money on a projector in the £200 to £400 range

Also, I've seen through various YouTube videos and such that the Vivibright GP100 is thought of as a decent projector for the cash for gaming, does anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks upfront for the responses.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
dont expect miracles from a 200 quid projector. you will literally need to black out your room if you want to view something.
and I would say full hd is a bare minimum especially for moviews and games

something like this may be a good option for you

amazon.co.uk/Opt…tor
Edited by: "mattsk" 26th Apr
mattsk3 m ago

dont expect miracles from a 200 quid projector. you will literally need to …dont expect miracles from a 200 quid projector. you will literally need to black out your room if you want to view something.and I would say full hd is a bare minimum especially for moviews and games

Yeah, I'm not expecting miracles, that would be our Doris 'letting' me purchase a 4K projector, I'm simply looking to settle with adequet. Any suggestions?
Edited by: "BuzzDuraband" 26th Apr
BuzzDuraband19 m ago

Yeah, I'm not expecting miracles, that would be our Doris 'letting' me …Yeah, I'm not expecting miracles, that would be our Doris 'letting' me purchase a 4K projector, I'm simply looking to settle with adequet. Any suggestions?

Have you got a wall you can paint instead of a screen?
Dannyrobbo1 m ago

Have you got a wall you can paint instead of a screen?

Not ideally bud, the idea of a projector is causing waves, I dread to think the atmosphere when I suggest full redecoration
BuzzDuraband7 m ago

Not ideally bud, the idea of a projector is causing waves, I dread to …Not ideally bud, the idea of a projector is causing waves, I dread to think the atmosphere when I suggest full redecoration

I was the opposite, “you want to put what up” opted for buying screen paint and just mapped it out on the wall. Granted it’s not a living area
Agree with Matt above, go for Optima HD142X or HD143X
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants