Gaming Beds experience?

Posted 22nd Mar 2023
Hello all!
Planning to replace my current single bed and gaming setup into a space saving Gamin High Bed setup. Has anyone had experience using this or can tell me what to lookout for while considering? Thanks!

Update:
Useful Info - I am an adult around 172cm. Floor to ceiling height is 220cm
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    JimboParrot
    Will you have enough room to sit up in the bed without banging your head on the ceiling? The same with the desk as you push the chair backwards and stand up - bash on the bed frame!

They can be a bit of pain changing the bottom sheet especially as you have to almost crawl along the bed to do it plus when assembling they are very heavy.

I wouldn't recommend one for an adult. We did have one until my son was about 15, and the above scenarios occurred.

Edit: As that one in the link is grey I thought it was metal. As it is pine it won't be as heavy. (edited)
    Sidjo23 Author
    Thanks for your input. I did think of these issues too. Alternatively, I am looking for something that isn't too short and is a space saver too.
    Sc4mp0
    If it's 193cm and the ceiling is 220cm you'll struggle to get in it,you only have 27cm to maneuver it's not really much and when you're laid in bed it will feel a bit claustrophobic

Just measured my son's bed,that's 150cm above ground level with a 220cm ceiling and for him its ok but I feel it's just about ok for an adult,I would want more room personally. (edited)
    kos1c
    That's less than a standard school ruler. You wouldn't have much space to roll over

Actually on second thoughts, you wouldn't be able to roll over. The average shoulder width for an adult male is 39cm.

It'll be very cramped with the frame. The mattress may sit a little lower.

Grab a tape measure and get an idea how close that'll be to the ceiling. (edited)
    oli_1_uk
    One thing I would consider is sturdiness, if you're a string bean you probably have nothing to worry about, but if you're a big lad/girl you'd possibly end up going through it, I know I would just something to consider as these things aren't built for adults.
    JimboParrot
    Not sure how old you are or how tall - but is there enough ceiling height and ease of access for you?
    Sidjo23 Author
    Thanks for your reply. I am an adult around 172cm. Floor to ceiling height is 220cm and the bed I am looking at on Amazon is around 193cm tall. Link: amazon.co.uk/COS…h=1
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants