Groups

Gaming chairs.. general advice needed.... on connections and what chair to buy..

Banned

I'm in the process of making a computer / TV / Gaming room for the kids (which includes me on the computer side!!!)

Anyway, All the cableing that's been done, has been chased into the wall, so nothing visible. Eg the Socket points (4 doubles) by the TV, are mounted high. One behind the TV for the TV, the rest higher - above the TV and shelf to be fitted for the Consoles, DVD player and Sat boxes. All Network cables are hidden too. This is new territory for me - My Living room TV is worse than spaghetti Jn.

Anyway.....

These gaming chairs..... Are they just connected with RCA audio leads or is there anything else I need to worry about? I dont want cables dragging from the TV to the chairs, since the area is effectively potentially a walk way, plus I'm trying to hide cables anyway! A Power cable isnt a problem. The room is being kitted out with 16 double sockets and there will be a double pair near to where the chairs will be.

Soooo.....

Tips on the cables being used and also, which chairs are best to go for - or avoid.... ( I need 2 of them - one for each nipper.)

Many thanks peeps.

11 Comments

One thing to bear in mind. At the moment gaming chairs will only work if your using a scart, rf lead....... not HDMI lead. I have mine setup up with HDMI (PS3 and XBOX360) and was not able to get a chair a few months ago due to this reason.

..................... unless they have finally brought one out.

'advice' :lol:

Original Poster Banned

blanka;6533410

One thing to bear in mind. At the moment gaming chairs will only work if … One thing to bear in mind. At the moment gaming chairs will only work if your using a scart, rf lead....... not HDMI lead. I have mine setup up with HDMI (PS3 and XBOX360) and was not able to get a chair a few months ago due to this reason. ..................... unless they have finally brought one out.

Hmmm. They have 3 consoles. Xbox, Xbox 360 (which are both scart connected) and Wii (connected via component)

Is component OK?

Is it just RCA audio cables that connect to the chairs? I guess I will need 2 very long pairs of these! (Probably 6 metres each pair!) Any ideas where you can get them from this length?

moob;6533575

'advice' :lol:

U Maaaad?

Original Poster Banned

Or would something like this without sound be a better option?

iexgaming.com/i-e…spx

Does "local" sound really make a difference? The TV is only 7 or 8 feet away...... and has good speakers (or will have when I buy one!)

guv;6533723

Or would something like this without sound be a better … Or would something like this without sound be a better option?http://www.iexgaming.com/i-ex-gaming-chair/entprod_100008.aspxDoes "local" sound really make a difference? The TV is only 7 or 8 feet away...... and has good speakers (or will have when I buy one!)

i believe half the fun of these chairs is having local sound, immerses you in the game more so to speak, this may not matter too much depending on your kids ages but you will definitely enjoy it more lol

Original Poster Banned

BMR;6533737

i believe half the fun of these chairs is having local sound, immerses … i believe half the fun of these chairs is having local sound, immerses you in the game more so to speak, this may not matter too much depending on your kids ages but you will definitely enjoy it more lol

Yeh, I can see your point. Never really bother playing games myself. The only game in the last 10 years or so Ive bothered to play was "Unreal". I'd imagine that would make it even more creepy than it was at midnight in pitch black! :w00t:

guv;6533627

U Maaaad?

No mate, just helping you out with the correction you've now made to the title. :lol:

Original Poster Banned

Carley;6533938

You could get wireless chairs, here's an example on ]amazon

Are they really wireless? I've looked at these already online and still see mention of audio cables!

What part is wireless and what part still has wires?

Original Poster Banned

Carley;6535020

a quick look at their ]website suggests it is totally wireless (even … a quick look at their ]website suggests it is totally wireless (even includes rechargeable batteries)

I need 2 chairs...... that's almost £500.... I think I'll pass! (thanks for posting though)

guv;6533723

Or would something like this without sound be a better … Or would something like this without sound be a better option?http://www.iexgaming.com/i-ex-gaming-chair/entprod_100008.aspxDoes "local" sound really make a difference? The TV is only 7 or 8 feet away...... and has good speakers (or will have when I buy one!)

That looks more comfy then the other ones, heard the wireless one are poor sound and the chair itself has poor build quality. Though the one you posted does look like a bigger bean bag.:p

Original Poster Banned

Carley;6535182

There must be cheaper ones around? but I CBA to search now though, i was … There must be cheaper ones around? but I CBA to search now though, i was just showing you the spec that confirmed it is totally wireless.If you do get wired chairs though then you could always cover the wires with an industrial type cable cover like this one in ]screwfixthat should prevent tripping.

Yikes! That looks awful!

Nah, as I said, I can easily hide these cables properly at the mo, as the walls havent been plastered and there is just bare ceiling joists ATM.

Adam2050;6535212

That looks more comfy then the other ones, heard the wireless one are … That looks more comfy then the other ones, heard the wireless one are poor sound and the chair itself has poor build quality. Though the one you posted does look like a bigger bean bag.:p

I assume this is something like you mean?

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

Price is OK (esp with £70 off)...... but I'm probably better off hard wireing!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764413
      2. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1533
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1012
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1735

See more discussions