Posted 24th Jan 2023 (Posted 13 h, 38 m ago)
Purchased the following pc(link at bottom) as a gift for my daughter, it states 512gb but it actually only has 256gb when i checkedcafter downloading a couple of games and getting error messages
What can i replace the 256gb with i have no idea if its possible just to add another pcie 1tb as i dont know if theres more than 1 slot, not opened it up as it has seals on the panel
Would i be better just getting Seagate BarraCuda 2TB Internal Hard Drive HDD – 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM 256MB Cache Amazon Exclusive - Frustration Free Packaging (ST2000DM008), Silver amzn.eu/d/e…JyS to add in?

very.co.uk/160…prd
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    If I spend £1100+ and the product is not as described it will be bounced back to the trader with a very (sic) blunt bunch of words.

Prior to bouncing:
    have you checked disk management to confirm the disk is genuinely under capacity and not simply partitioned into smaller or unexpected volume(s)?
    isunshare.com/win…tml
    Author
    Oh ill be complaining today, i checked partitions, its done into drives c & d but still only 256, ones partition is around 5gb 🤷🏼‍♀️🤦‍♀️
  2. Avatar
    Find it quite strange a MSI prebuilt PC will only have 256GB.

Fastest storage be a some kinda NVME as they will have higher read/write speed.

If you search the last couple of days in HUKD, there’s some well priced crucial NVME,
    If the diagram of guilbert53 and post is correct,
    You should have free slots for them.

I haven’t looked in to the diagram, so do check what’s the fastest NVME gen your motherboard available spots can utilise. (edited)
    Author
    Thank you so much, yeh reciews state same issue, contacted msi theyre replacing it for me. (edited)
  3. Avatar
    See the diagram of the inside of the case here (scroll down that page)

uk.msi.com/Des…1th

Says here is room for TWO 3.5" hard disk and TWO 2.5" hard disks / SSDS.

Also THREE M.2 SSDs

So no need to take out the existing SSD just add more drives.
    Author
    What would you say is the best option as its mainly gaming is 1 option faster/better than the other? Thanks for replying
  4. Avatar
    Author
    I did have slight discount, more about being able to pay in 12 months for me as i cant afford it in 1 go. Had the 512 issue sorted now thankfully was doing my head in
Top Merchants