Gaming Headset for original Xbox One?

Found 27th Oct 2017Edited by:"WeeWifie"
Hello!

My teenage son has now broken two original headsets that came with the original X1. He's after a new headset for his online gaming (he's Overwatch daft). It's his 14th birthday next month and then there's Christmas coming too.

However I'm finding it a mission to find ones that don't require additional purchase of an adaptor, that ends up bumping up the cost... and all in one sets that aren't crazy money either.

Anyone know of good cheap headsets for the X1? It's the original version we have, gotten upon initial release of xbox ones. The remotes don't have 3.5 audio ports

I'm not wanting to spend a fortune, as he breaks things! There's a reason I call him Daniel the Destroyer... So want a cheapish set to see if he can actually take care of them like he has promised he will (and that I don't think he will). Then if I'm wrong then we can talk more expensive sets

TIA!
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Can't really go wrong with a turtle beach as long you don't get their cheapest budget one.
I got my son a XO1 about 2 years ago now and it's still going strong and he loves it
Original Poster
stefromuk1 h, 39 m ago

Can't really go wrong with a turtle beach as long you don't get their …Can't really go wrong with a turtle beach as long you don't get their cheapest budget one.I got my son a XO1 about 2 years ago now and it's still going strong and he loves it

I can't see any that just work straight out with the xbox one original remotes? They seem to all need a 3.5 audio jack and the original remotes don't have those. Do you know what type of TB headset it is your son has at all?
WeeWifie44 m ago

I can't see any that just work straight out with the xbox one original …I can't see any that just work straight out with the xbox one original remotes? They seem to all need a 3.5 audio jack and the original remotes don't have those. Do you know what type of TB headset it is your son has at all?

Ah yeah I forgot the older controllers need the adapter.
I don't think you'll be able to get one that has the adapter in nowadays.
So you'd be best buying the adapter or maybe a newer controller you can normally pick a good second hand one for about £15-£20 I'm not sure how much the adapter are nowadays but they used to be £20 also.
Original Poster
stefromuk13 m ago

Ah yeah I forgot the older controllers need the adapter.I don't think …Ah yeah I forgot the older controllers need the adapter.I don't think you'll be able to get one that has the adapter in nowadays.So you'd be best buying the adapter or maybe a newer controller you can normally pick a good second hand one for about £15-£20 I'm not sure how much the adapter are nowadays but they used to be £20 also.

its the principle of it all too... the console isn't old by any means, yet they bugger about with stuff like this... it's just disgusting behaviour.

adding extra costs to the loyal customers who bought the X1 on release

and just getting new controllers isn't an option either - as we have three consoles in the house! (i had one and my son had one, and when we bought a house with my partner then he had an x1 too!)

So i've got three of the old remotes! So would need three adaptors... or three new controllers. as well as new headsets cost. totally all adds up...

Things like this put me off brands. Thinking my sons right when he's been saying now he wished he'd chosen the PS4 instead.
What about the new Turtle Beach Stealth wireless headphones. They will work with the original Xbox one.
WeeWifie27th Oct

its the principle of it all too... the console isn't old by any means, yet …its the principle of it all too... the console isn't old by any means, yet they bugger about with stuff like this... it's just disgusting behaviour. adding extra costs to the loyal customers who bought the X1 on release and just getting new controllers isn't an option either - as we have three consoles in the house! (i had one and my son had one, and when we bought a house with my partner then he had an x1 too!)So i've got three of the old remotes! So would need three adaptors... or three new controllers. as well as new headsets cost. totally all adds up... Things like this put me off brands. Thinking my sons right when he's been saying now he wished he'd chosen the PS4 instead.

Yeah know what you mean I was annoyed when I bought my first headset as it had the adapter built in then had to get a new controller and couldn't use my headset with it then
Original Poster
have caved and bought a flippin adapter Damn you microsoft and your money grabbing ways!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions