Gaming headset recommendations

Found 3rd Dec 2017
Hi all, I'm looking for a xbox gaming headset with mic. Could those in the know recommend any?
He goes through them like you wouldn't believe, so I don't want to spend more than £50 but he does alot of gaming so they need to be good.
We've had cheap ones, turtles etc but these will go towards his Xmas gifts so I'm choosing and I have no idea. Lol
Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
I always recommend either tb 50x or ss siberia 200, although the ss200 have gone from £20 on prime to £60 now so I wouldn't bother with them

amazon.co.uk/Tur…40/
Original Poster
murtgurge19 m ago

I always recommend either tb 50x or ss siberia 200, although the ss200 …I always recommend either tb 50x or ss siberia 200, although the ss200 have gone from £20 on prime to £60 now so I wouldn't bother with themhttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Beach-Stereo-Gaming-Headset/dp/B00YXO5U40/

Thankyou, I know absolute 0 about headsets so welcome the advice.
depends what he has had in the past, that could be a downgrade but I use that for xbox and couple of friends do any everyone sounds clear, not much more I want from a headset personally
deleted800342
You mentioned he goes through them like you wouldn't believe, so it's tricky..
I bought a few 'cheaper' headsets, trittons, turtle beaches, trying to save money and they didn't last.
I finally decided to splash out on a pair of astro a40s and a mixamp for about £150 7 years ago and they're still going strong!
Tldr: you get what you pay for
Original Poster
Snooped and his current ones are 🐢 so may as well stick with those.. He's not moaned about those lol.
32639514-O0f3P.jpg
HyperX Cloud II are usually £70-£80 but Smyths often have them on offer for £40-£50. Sometimes you have to get them to scan the barcode to see if they are on offer. Very popular and great quality headset for the price!
deleted8003423rd Dec 2017

You mentioned he goes through them like you wouldn't believe, so it's …You mentioned he goes through them like you wouldn't believe, so it's tricky..I bought a few 'cheaper' headsets, trittons, turtle beaches, trying to save money and they didn't last.I finally decided to splash out on a pair of astro a40s and a mixamp for about £150 7 years ago and they're still going strong!Tldr: you get what you pay for

Same situation I had, I ended up getting some a50's and they have been outstanding. Worth every single Penny.
Original Poster
Thanks all
Go to game a decent headset and destiny 2 is £30 instore only though
I found my son was going through them like no tomorrow I got him some steel series and they are good
Astro A50, worth every penny
Turtlebeach 500x stealth
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants