Gaming headset recommendations

Found 3rd Dec 2017
Hi all, I'm looking for a xbox gaming headset with mic. Could those in the know recommend any?
He goes through them like you wouldn't believe, so I don't want to spend more than £50 but he does alot of gaming so they need to be good.
We've had cheap ones, turtles etc but these will go towards his Xmas gifts so I'm choosing and I have no idea. Lol
Thanks in advance

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

I always recommend either tb 50x or ss siberia 200, although the ss200 have gone from £20 on prime to £60 now so I wouldn't bother with them

amazon.co.uk/Tur…40/

Original Poster

murtgurge19 m ago

I always recommend either tb 50x or ss siberia 200, although the ss200 …I always recommend either tb 50x or ss siberia 200, although the ss200 have gone from £20 on prime to £60 now so I wouldn't bother with themhttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Beach-Stereo-Gaming-Headset/dp/B00YXO5U40/

Thankyou, I know absolute 0 about headsets so welcome the advice.

depends what he has had in the past, that could be a downgrade but I use that for xbox and couple of friends do any everyone sounds clear, not much more I want from a headset personally

You mentioned he goes through them like you wouldn't believe, so it's tricky..
I bought a few 'cheaper' headsets, trittons, turtle beaches, trying to save money and they didn't last.
I finally decided to splash out on a pair of astro a40s and a mixamp for about £150 7 years ago and they're still going strong!
Tldr: you get what you pay for

Original Poster

Snooped and his current ones are 🐢 so may as well stick with those.. He's not moaned about those lol.

32639514-O0f3P.jpg
HyperX Cloud II are usually £70-£80 but Smyths often have them on offer for £40-£50. Sometimes you have to get them to scan the barcode to see if they are on offer. Very popular and great quality headset for the price!

DexMorgan7 h, 55 m ago

You mentioned he goes through them like you wouldn't believe, so it's …You mentioned he goes through them like you wouldn't believe, so it's tricky..I bought a few 'cheaper' headsets, trittons, turtle beaches, trying to save money and they didn't last.I finally decided to splash out on a pair of astro a40s and a mixamp for about £150 7 years ago and they're still going strong!Tldr: you get what you pay for

Same situation I had, I ended up getting some a50's and they have been outstanding. Worth every single Penny.

Original Poster

Thanks all

Go to game a decent headset and destiny 2 is £30 instore only though

I found my son was going through them like no tomorrow I got him some steel series and they are good

Astro A50, worth every penny

Turtlebeach 500x stealth
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants