Gaming headset with detachable lead

Found 13th Jan
My son, who's a bit dyspraxic, is going through gaming headsets at a fair rate of knots due to the fact that he accidentally pulls the cable out of the headset. The obvious solution to this would be a headset that doesn't have a captive lead but has a jack socket so you remove and replace the lead that runs between the headset and the controller.

Does anyone know of any headsets that have this feature? There isn't much information on Google that I can find so I suspect that they are few and far between.
Community Updates
AskElectronics
8 Comments
You need a breakaway or magnetic adapter but not sure where to get one from unfortunately.
You get leads with built in Microphones (e.g. V-moda's BoomPro or Antlion's Modmic) so it doesn't need to be a headset, a set of headphones would work too.

The newer beyerdynamic gaming headsets have detatchable cables I believe.
Would a Bluetooth gaming headset be any good? Doing away with a wire altogether
deleted405012
Toptrumpet1 h, 45 m ago

Would a Bluetooth gaming headset be any good? Doing away with a wire …Would a Bluetooth gaming headset be any good? Doing away with a wire altogether

It needs to connect to an Xbox One so I don't think that's an option alas.
deleted405012
EndlessWaves1 h, 59 m ago

You get leads with built in Microphones (e.g. V-moda's BoomPro or …You get leads with built in Microphones (e.g. V-moda's BoomPro or Antlion's Modmic) so it doesn't need to be a headset, a set of headphones would work too.The newer beyerdynamic gaming headsets have detatchable cables I believe.

Yes, the Beyerdynamic MMX 300 does have a detachable cable. Unfortunately it's waaaay out of our price range!
We bought these for my son who has aspergers, SADES SA810 PS4 Xbox One PC Gaming Headphone Stereo Sound 3.5mm Jack, they work with his xbox one controller, although we paid £18 as a black Friday deal, now £28 on amazon, they are still intact and work well,
But with a fixed cable,
Edited by: "graigddu1" 13th Jan
Would this sort of thing be any good ? With Built in mic and can be used with detachable cable (3.5mm) jack rather than Bluetooth Avantree
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants