Groups

Gaming laptop

I'm looking for a gaming laptop don't want to spend a lot of money and still get some quality stuff mainly for Civ 6 so it doesn't have to be a top range. Any advice are more then welcome. Thanks for any help

8 Comments

you may be able to play civ 6 on skylake processors integrated graphics which could save you money. rather than getting a gaming laptop.

Play Civ 2 its much better

your not going to be able to play civ 6 late game on a laptop. you will get about 5 fps if your lucky

If you do buy a game laptop, can I recommend that your Don't buy Dell Alienware. Looks great but when it goes wrong the service is rubbish.

brendanhickey

your not going to be able to play civ 6 late game on a laptop. you will … your not going to be able to play civ 6 late game on a laptop. you will get about 5 fps if your lucky

This is a good point. Late game Civ5/6 is very CPU intensive so you'd want a true quad core.
    I would first investigate benchmarks although make sure they cover late game (unsure what the built-in one uses).

Original Poster

Gkains

This is a good point. Late game Civ5/6 is very CPU intensive so you'd … This is a good point. Late game Civ5/6 is very CPU intensive so you'd want a true quad core.I would first investigate benchmarks although make sure they cover late game (unsure what the built-in one uses).

​ok atm im keen to get a lenovo y700 i7 64gb ram 1tb +512ssd and gtx 960 do you think it's enough for Civ 6 and day to day use?

I think the lenovo would manage civ6 and day to day use comfortably

64gb ram in a laptop? wtf?!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xiaomi redmi note 4 firmware35
      2. Unfair Dismissal11
      3. Ap on iPhone ios1144
      4. Amazon Italy Galaxy S8 UK34

See more discussions