Groups

gaming laptop

can someone please help me choose a laptop from the link below?? It's for general usage with the odd game of Left4Dead2 here and there. Price range upto £800 or so

very.co.uk/ele…873

Also i would like to know what to get in terms of an external hdd that i can download to and that can connect to my router so that i don't need the laptop on the access it ?? Does such a thing exsist ?

18 Comments

i have this laptop and its brilliant

* Cat No: PR89119

very.co.uk/as7…740

Original Poster

dontasciime;8763413

http://www.buffalo-technology.com/products/network-storage/linkstation/ls-chl-linkstation-live/

Thanks will check it out
    jazferbetay;8763528

i have this laptop and its brilliant * Cat No: … i have this laptop and its brilliant * Cat No: PR89119http://www.very.co.uk/as7740-173in-core-i3-laptop/706743944.prd?cmtag=o&_requestid=125382&prdToken=/p/prod2590178-sku3730233&browseToken=/q/as7740

It doesn't list any graphics.....Do you play any games on it ?

Original Poster

thinking about getting this one ]http//ww…296

Original Poster

any more suggestions ?

zeus9876;8765536

any more suggestions ?

Yeah - rethink the strategy.

I guess it depends on how you game, but for me, 90% of my gaming is done in my bedroom, with only the occasional day spent LAN'ing with someone. For that reason, it makes sense to me to have a now relatively low-end laptop GPU (8600) , and a far more powerful GTX 260 in the desktop system. With the gear I have attached to the desktop, it basially means that I have a luxury gaming system, and a portable one that's good enough. It's a setup that suits me quite well, although if I had the money, I think I would prefer a single system that does everything.

But there's the thing - mobile gaming hardware is so expensive that it's not really possible to have luxury gaming on the move. The mobile parts are just so expensive, and performance is relatively poor. That GT240M, for instance, performs about 1/4 to 1/3rd as fast as a desktop GTX260. notebookcheck.net/NVI…tml and techimo.com/for…tml for reference.

Me, I don't mind scaling the graphic settings back on my laptop. It makes the desktop experience all the better.

Original Poster

well i want rid of the desktop as i don't play heavy gpu games everyday like i used to....and i only play Left4Dead 2 once every few days.....I want to sort out my room downstairs and get rid of everything including the desk and pc hence my wanting a laptop

zeus9876;8765660

well i want rid of the desktop as i don't play heavy gpu games everyday … well i want rid of the desktop as i don't play heavy gpu games everyday like i used to....and i only play Left4Dead 2 once every few days.....I want to sort out my room downstairs and get rid of everything including the desk and pc hence my wanting a laptop

Y'know, it's generally customary to offer some sort of "thanks" when someone goes out of their way to help you out.

Original Poster

but you haven't really helped have you?

The £849 and £799 one on Very double check if you order as my initial reaction is they have the numbers mixed up. eg price/ description etc try and get the part number model number off them to check with acer.

zeus9876;8766797

but you haven't really helped have you?

You asked for suggestions, I gave you suggestions.

Original Poster

dxx;8769132

You asked for suggestions, I gave you suggestions.

From what i had listed.....I asked nothing about desktops :thumbsup:

Original Poster

thanks Don i got very.co.uk/eb-…91h

which will be here tomorrow

zeus9876;8770884

thanks Don i got … thanks Don i got http://www.very.co.uk/eb-series-155in-laptop---black/706740089.prd?cmtag=o&_requestid=149902&prdToken=/p/prod2670969-sku3862244&browseToken=/q/pr9091hwhich will be here tomorrow

did you read the review from buyer on the gfx card ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ps4 slim how much should I charge 2nd hand.610
      2. Has anyone found any Baileys Pumpkin Spiced for sale in the UK ?44
      3. DVD storage45
      4. Large card print/poster..33

See more discussions