Gaming laptop for £300?

Found 18th Dec 2012
I wondered if anyone could help.

A friend needs a laptop for games such as mine craft, spore etc

He has not had the money till now so has not really got a choice but to use pc world , argos, comet etc for pick up

With a £300 budget what would be the best bet for games such as those without too much performance issues

Thanks
Community Updates
MiscLaptop
23 Comments
Hahahahaha

Hahaha

Haha

heh

Hehe
no.
I honestly dont think you can get a good gaming laptop with £300. I could be wrong though but I've never heard or seen one.
dont expect it to be great just be able to at least play those sort of games with the settings down low if need be
You can't. Oh something to play minecraft on crap settings yes but minecraft is surprisingly hardware intensive as it runs in java.
You won't be able to get a decent i5 laptop for under £300 let alone a gaming one... if you do let me know
To keep it real I would say you have to spend around £500, I paid £800 for my last gaming laptop the most i could spend at the time, if don't have a lot of money you my want to have a look at very.co.uk the do good acer laptops with good VGA cards and you can get them on buy now pay later

hope this helps
No you can't, but if you are looking, see if you can get me an iPad 4 for £20. Cheers.

PS, don't want to spend more than £20.
Haha ok thank anyway
pughy2000

Haha ok thank anyway

You never know til you ask.
It's funny when you want to game with a desktop PC it's always cheap but when it's a laptop no way can you.
dontasciime

It's funny when you want to game with a desktop PC it's always cheap but … It's funny when you want to game with a desktop PC it's always cheap but when it's a laptop no way can you.

Because the small form factor of a laptop increases the cost by a large amount.
I didnt relise minecraft and spore were so hardware intensive, never mind , ill tell him stick to the xbox.
Edited by: "pughy2000" 18th Dec 2012
unquestioned

Because the small form factor of a laptop increases the cost by a large … Because the small form factor of a laptop increases the cost by a large amount.

I know the reasons it's the attitude
pughy2000

i didnt relise minecraft was so resource heavy never mind and spore as … i didnt relise minecraft was so resource heavy never mind and spore as they dont look it but never mind ill tell him stick to the xbox

Look HERE

Explains why minecraft is so resource intensive.
Worth checking Dell Outlet, they update the site around 14.20pm.
Don't think you will get much from Comet
crazyblondechick

Don't think you will get much from Comet

good point haha just relised what i typed lol
unquestioned

Look HEREExplains why minecraft is so resource intensive.

Can you give me a 10 word explanation as to what minecraft is all about? See so much of it on the forum and it looks like an awful old game, I am most likely wrong though.
aircanman

Can you give me a 10 word explanation as to what minecraft is all about? … Can you give me a 10 word explanation as to what minecraft is all about? See so much of it on the forum and it looks like an awful old game, I am most likely wrong though.

10 words? Difficult, I'll do a short explanation.

In single player. You start, you are alone in a unique world. You have to mine materials to craft items.
There are monsters, they will kill you.
You can build whatever you want (well almost)
It's a great time killer.

I'd say give it a shot, minecraft.net you can play the browser version for free, not quite the same as the single player or as fun but you can get an idea of the game mechanics.
unquestioned

10 words? Difficult, I'll do a short explanation.In single player. You … 10 words? Difficult, I'll do a short explanation.In single player. You start, you are alone in a unique world. You have to mine materials to craft items.There are monsters, they will kill you.You can build whatever you want (well almost)It's a great time killer.I'd say give it a shot, http://www.minecraft.net you can play the browser version for free, not quite the same as the single player or as fun but you can get an idea of the game mechanics.

In single player. You start, you are alone in a unique world. You have to mine materials to craft items.
There are monsters, they will kill you at night or if you're in the dark i.e cave.
You can build whatever you want (well almost)
It's a great time killer. say good bye to your real life

ftfy
Lenovo thinkpad
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants