Groups
    EXPIRED

Gaming laptop for around £700

Any suggestions? I was looking at the Dell studio 17 for around £700 which they had a voucher for last week, though now that's expired and I can't find anything close to the price with the same specs.

Cheers

3 Comments

get a normal desktop/pc - dont see the point in getting a gaming laptop, mite as well get a xbox/ps3

Disco;8888165

get a normal desktop/pc - dont see the point in getting a gaming laptop, … get a normal desktop/pc - dont see the point in getting a gaming laptop, mite as well get a xbox/ps3

It would be nice if you could be helpful instead of just giving him what he doesn't need or want, there are many reasons why he could need a laptop instead of a desktop.

Personally if you could stretch the budget a little, I would got for the base model of the Alienware M11X available from the UK Dell store for £749 including shipping.

Original Poster

Yeah a desktop is out of the question - it's for my brother and unfortunately he doesn't have enough space in his room for one. Plus he already has a 360 and wants something for playing WoW and other PC games.

I've taken a look at the M11X, and it doesn't seem too bad for the money (makes a change for Alienware!), but it only comes with 2GB of RAM and costs £80 to knock it up to 4GB. It's also a tad on the small size at 11.6", and I think he wanted something a bit larger. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??56
      2. GAP Insurance Recommendations11
      3. Any discount for paultons park?22
      4. New Layout is Confusing: How to I navigate to specific items!?56

See more discussions