Groups
    EXPIRED

Gaming laptop from XMG

Hi all,

I am planning to buy a gaming laptop(please no "laptops aren't for gaming" and such comments), my budget is around £900 and the laptop named XMG A704 that i have configured (link below) is for £820.

Please tell me if this laptop is good enough to play most of the games on decent settings. Also, are XMG laptops good overall?

Thanks.

Specifications:

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2048MB GDDR5 + NVIDIA Free-to-Play PC-Game-Bundle
    Display: 17.3" (43.9cm) Full-HD 1920x1080 Matte
    Processor: Intel Core i5-4310M Dual Core - 2.70 - 3.40 GHz 3MB 37W
    Memory: 4GB (1x4096) DDR3 RAM 1600MHz Crucial
    Hard Drive: 500GB SATA-II 5400rpm Seagate
    Hard Drive 2: 120GB SATA-III SSD Crucial M500

Link:

mysn.co.uk/sho…tml

4 Comments

The laptop is an ok spec, however I'd want 8gb in anything for gaming, the ssd should be the first hard drive and not the second. I think the spec would allow medium settings on most of the latest games but higher on older games.

Original Poster

enigmatik33

The laptop is an ok spec, however I'd want 8gb in anything for gaming, … The laptop is an ok spec, however I'd want 8gb in anything for gaming, the ssd should be the first hard drive and not the second. I think the spec would allow medium settings on most of the latest games but higher on older games.

Thanks enigmatik33, when you say SSD should be the first hard drive, do you mean that the OS should be installed on SSD or is there any other setup where you select SSD as the first hard drive.
    Edited by: "hyyugen" 23rd Jun 2014

The os should be on the ssd, yes. If you can stretch to a slightly bigger ssd, you'll find you have more flexibility for picking where you install stuff.

I would recommend springing for the Samsung Evo 250Gb SSD for the first drive.

I brought one of these a little while ago, and it's amazingly fast!

Also, I'd wait until tomorrow to buy, as I have posted an XMG deal earlier (5% off of everything for 24h)!
    hotukdeals.com/dea…411
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1215
      2. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?712
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!77
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767220

See more discussions