Groups

Gaming laptop help

Hi,

i basically have no idea when it comes to specs for pc's and laptops so i'm looking for some help!

Basically, i want a laptop with a blu-ray player, at least 500gb of HD space, and to be able to run some quality games (mainly left 4 dead). I'd also be using the laptop for work.

It doesn't matter on the price, as long as i can pay on finance i'm sorted

Thanks for help!

7 Comments

alienware.co.uk/pro…spx

I picked up a fujitsu siemens laptop about 4 years ago for £800 with a go6800 graphics card in it, was great for gaming, not sure if fujistu still do ones with good graphics.

Titchimp;5416974

http://www.alienware.co.uk/product_pages/notebook_all_default.aspx

Drools a little.

Can't affrod want tho.

Remember with Alienware you are also paying for the brand name :P

hotukdeals.com/ite…la/ looks quite good and not too expensive but it only has a 250gb hdd and i'm not sure how good that graphics card is

with the spec you want you are looking at over a £1000 at least if not more look at toshiba qosmio or sony or dell, if you want blu ray, i think a start off laptop with a blu ray player is £500-£600 at least then the graphics card bumps it up and a minimum 500gb bumps it up again, happy hunting:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Titchimp;5416974

http://www.alienware.co.uk/product_pages/notebook_all_default.aspx :)I … http://www.alienware.co.uk/product_pages/notebook_all_default.aspx :)I picked up a fujitsu siemens laptop about 4 years ago for £800 with a go6800 graphics card in it, was great for gaming, not sure if fujistu still do ones with good graphics.

i did see the alienware stuff, was tempted by the M17, but i read that the battery life is dire and that the fans make alot of noise.

The HDD size isn't essential, more a preference. HDMI is quite essential though, would like to be able to connect it to my TV

Original Poster

Gateway P-7807u FXQuick Specs Full SpecsCPU: 2.4-GHz Intel Core 2 Duo … Gateway P-7807u FXQuick Specs Full SpecsCPU: 2.4-GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P8600Operating System: Windows Vista Home PremiumRAM/Expandable to: 4GB/4GBHard Drive/Speed: 320GB/7,200 rpmOptical Drive: 8X DVD±RWDisplay/Resolution: 17 inches/1,440 x 900Graphics/Video Memory: Nvidia GeForce 9800M GTSPrice as Reviewed: $1399.00

that laptop took my eye, but is no longer available

Go for the new alienware allpowerfull make sure u custom it and add dual (sli) gtx 280M's 8gb of ddr3 and the quad core cpu ... i spec'd one up that comes in at around £4000 .... nice!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…912
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047121
      3. word association Game73944494
      4. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1417

See more discussions