Gaming Laptop that can run Total War:Warhammer 2

Posted 19th Nov
I don't have a lot of experience with laptops and was looking for one for my partner. He plays a lot of different strategy games but told me Total War:Warhammer 2 was impossible to run on the laptop he has.

I have noticed gaming laptops have become really popular and I am probably being too hopeful here, but I don't really want to spend more than £750 as I don't have a lot.

I know there is a ton of them going for under that price right now, but I don't know which one is the best for running that game specifically?

Could anyone help me please?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
Hi Natalia. There are so many threads about gaming laptops at the moment aren't there! With your budget, you ought to be able to find something to fit the bill. As a starting point, HERE you will find the specifications to play your chosen game.

For a quick overview:

MINIMUM SPECS

• Memory: 5 GB
  • Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
  • Total War: WARHAMMER II File Size: 60 GB

RECOMMENDED SPECS

• Memory: 8 GB
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
  • Total War: WARHAMMER II CPU: Intel Core i5-4570
  • File Size: 60 GB

Just pop into the search bar above "gaming laptop" and you'll probably see plenty examples from recent posts. Are you also open to secondhand/reconditioned or only new?
Edited by: "Phsycronix" 19th Nov
Here's one such example:
hotukdeals.com/dea…071

£549. More than capable of playing WH2 and much less than your budget. Don't forget to check for any vouchers that might be doing the rounds from said retailer to reduce price even further. Perhaps with the savings, boost the laptop memory or buy an external drive for games/data storage?
Edited by: "Phsycronix" 19th Nov
You need to look at laptop with GTX 1050ti or GTX 1650
£750 will get a decent laptop that's suitable.

The problem is you have to think months in advance as you can't really upgrade laptops as you can with a normal pc. So what's suitable today may not be suitable in 6 months when a new game comes out.

So you're going to want the best spec for the price rather than just settle on something that may look a good deal today.
Edited by: "m1keyp1key" 19th Nov
Consider this if you willing to take a credit account. offer ends tomorrow
It is a very good price for its spec
hotukdeals.com/dea…782
Thank you very much for your help everyone. Yeah @Phsycronix I have noticed gaming laptops have become very popular. I was looking at the Asus as well but wasn't quite sure how it handled games. I usually go with techradar for reviews to see what FPS is like for certain games as they are good at that.

@m1keyp1key I was thinking that as well, I want to get him a good laptop to run his games, but also one that he can keep for a while and not have to think about buying a new one.

Thanks @Cisco060606, I might think about this one tbh. Not really a fan of credit, but it is a good deal.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants