Groups

Gaming laptop (Xbox Streaming & Windows Games)

Can anyone recommend a good laptop/tablet that would be good for streaming Xbox games to and playing Windows games.
    The Windows games would be likes of Batman the Telltale Series, I currently have a cheaper tablet and it won't play those games.
    Thanks

14 Comments

I'd say for streaming go with a laptop. Sorry can't recommend any because haven't looked what's about recently but software wise I would use xsplit over obs as it's better quality and more user friendly.

Sorry I miss read your question I now realise you want to stream the xbox to it and play games.

Originally I thought you was on about streaming to twitch/YouTube.

Again tho I would still recommend a laptop over a tablet for what your looking to do as it's more system intensive and laptops are better suited for the job in my opinion.

Dell Inspiron 7567 if you want to do some casual gaming with modern games.

Games like the Telltale Batman one will work on pretty much any budget laptop.

Original Poster

Sorry yes it's for streaming the Xbox games to play on the laptop.
    Wouldn't be playing any high demand games on it and would just be basic Windows games.

Original Poster

Some of the Windows games I was looking at say in the system requirements:
    Nvidia GTS 450+ with 1024MB+ VRAM
    Would I need to get better than that?

I'd say yes because that's the requirements and does not mean that the computer will run smoothly while playing the games. Take into account anti virus and background process that Windows uses and you game will be lagging. Always go above the basic requirements mate

Just checked and the requirements change depending which xbox game you are streaming to the laptop so I'd look into the requirements for the games you want to stream too mate

Original Poster

Do you think it's possible to pick one up for about £250 or is there no chance?

Yeah it's deffo possible just make sure the spec is what your after and shop around mate. I wish I could help more but have not looked at laptops for a while. Try cash converters and cash generator if there is one near you they get some decent second hand ones in normally and do payment plans too if it's a bit more or if you need to.

Original Poster

Thanks mate I'm going to have a look online too and see if there is anything about.

First thing you need a good router for streaming. I got asus rt-ac68u, before this one i was using plusnet router. It had a lot of issues. Now i can stream on high quality both on tablet and laptop. Tablet is chuwi hi10 pro it has just 2.4ghz wifi and laptop hp x360 with 5ghz. Anyway with a slow router i'd go for laptop to use wired connection.

Original Poster

rainer1

First thing you need a good router for streaming. I got asus rt-ac68u, … First thing you need a good router for streaming. I got asus rt-ac68u, before this one i was using plusnet router. It had a lot of issues. Now i can stream on high quality both on tablet and laptop. Tablet is chuwi hi10 pro it has just 2.4ghz wifi and laptop hp x360 with 5ghz. Anyway with a slow router i'd go for laptop to use wired connection.

I currently only use Linx game tablet cost £100 and the specifications are only just what the Xbox recommends for streaming, would you say the tablet you have is much better? Thanks

I'll get shot down for this but if you're on a budget and need dedicated graphics, have a look at medion. Their daily deals are good to keep an eye on.
    I have an akoya laptop, 5th gen i5, 16gb ram, 128gb ssd, 1tb hdd and 2gb nvidia graphics and it absolutely flies.

You'll struggle to get something with dedicated graphics for £250 though.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      2. word association Game74044544
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468
      4. Spotify Family Premium share721

See more discussions