Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Gaming Laptops- actually worth it?

Posted 2nd Oct
So I’ve been looking at gaming laptops for the past few weeks and noticed how ones £1100 or below always seem to have some sort of problem that makes them not worth it.

Most common one seems to be RAM but others are about the width of the laptops or screen problems etc.

At the moment I do have a gaming PC but I’d like to buy a laptop that can play games on as I seem to be away from home more and more often nowadays however that wouldn’t be essential because I’d also like to get a laptop that lasts a few years.

Is it actually worth it or is it just more hassle than it’s worth, and better to get a normal laptop (one without a graphics card)?

Tia
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
The width isn’t a problem it personal choice, but I get what you mean, you do need to spend £1000+ for a gaming laptop. Anything less is pointless, you need 16gb ram, then at least 1660ti or 2060. Even then it won’t be anywhere near as good as the desktop specs of the same..
Bargainhead03/10/2019 07:23

The width isn’t a problem it personal choice, but I get what you mean, you …The width isn’t a problem it personal choice, but I get what you mean, you do need to spend £1000+ for a gaming laptop. Anything less is pointless, you need 16gb ram, then at least 1660ti or 2060. Even then it won’t be anywhere near as good as the desktop specs of the same..

Well of course not since a desktop doesn't include a monitor keyboard and crappy mouse plus the extra for portability I've seen some laptops what aren't a bad deal compared to buying a Desktop with a Monitor
If you need portability sure I guess
If you're working away from home i would especially if I can afford it
Edited by: "Norseg" 3rd Oct
Norseg03/10/2019 12:25

Well of course not since a desktop doesn't include a monitor keyboard and …Well of course not since a desktop doesn't include a monitor keyboard and crappy mouse plus the extra for portability I've seen some laptops what aren't a bad deal compared to buying a Desktop with a Monitor

Most people own a tv or 4 in a house you can use that for the pc, that has nothing to do with the spec a laptop gpu isn’t as powerful as the same desktop version, cpu are the same.

Even if you add the price of a monitor on I could build desktop pc the same spec for less than a laptop.

there was no need to comment on what I wrote apart from trying to get a reaction. But you have shown you no little about the topic.
Laptop gaming just seems to expensive , I get the whole gaming on the go but I'd stick with my PS4 pro which cost me 290£ 2.5 years and as I only seem to play free games nowadays (mobas) no need to upgrade to PS4 until things have kinked out (3years)

290£ for 5 years use whereas would need a 1500£ laptop to last this long and I doubt it would, will break out of warranty most likely
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants