Groups
    EXPIRED

Gaming LCD/Plasma?

Which is best for gaming and watching football?

12 Comments

Banned

plasma all the way

Original Poster

I was thinking of upgrading from 32" lcd to 40-42" lcd. but ive been told that the larger lcd sets aren't as good as the plasma, is this true?

Banned

yeah plasma is a much clearer image i would say mate

Original Poster

any reccomendation on a 40" upwards plasma budget £600 - £800

tronv1;2050917

yeah plasma is a much clearer image i would say mate

agreed:thumbsup:

Banned

heard a few folk saying samsung and they look dead sexy as they are black check that out

Banned

was about to post an image of a banned user is that allowed???

Original Poster

yeah i have a 32" samsung lcd at the moment and its got a great picture. just fancy upgrading to a bigger size though.

we have a 42 inch panasonic plasma (black) we did buy it about 4 years ago and we still agree that it is money well spent. Plasma all the way!!!

heen

unfort. m8 you won't get an good answer to that cos its a bad question. plasma is very nice for movies and footie etc but games.
    Problem is all the technology to prevent screenburn is very limited, my m8 has a 42" pioneer with a third of the screen where bf1942 HUD is burnt on.
    plasmas ain't good for fixed images, i've never played games on mine but i wouldn't have anything else for watching movies on

It's recommended that you ease the TV (plasma) with the contrast set to under 50 for the first 200 hours of viewing, this I read is meant to go along way to preventing screenburn, whether this is true or not I don't know as I have an LCD

However after seeing plasmas in the flesh, I'd snap one up if I could afford it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044563
      2. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1817
      3. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767410

See more discussions