Expired

Gaming parts from US for UK faming pc

Found 24th Nov 2017
Can someone please help me out.. Im building my first pc. I would really appreciate some input. Can I get parts from US for my rig if I bought my mobo from UK. Say a new 470 or 580 a friend said they would help me out with by shipping it over.. He also is sending some used ram. Will it go into a msi b350 gaming pro mobo I got on a uk site with 600watt power supply. I am also getting a freesync 144hz monitor in the uk will that be a issue? I understand this is a silly question but I have no experience. Thanks!

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
5 Comments

Toms Hardware forum probably a good place to ask...

Should be fine.

Have you taken into account shipping costs, sales taxes and import duty?

I had the same question but was too lazy to ask. But I have a corsair A1200 PSU and that can run from 110-240. If that is any help? I think what you want to know if the motherboard and the CPU can handle 240v. What confuses me is since the power supply runs 110-240 does that mean if you use parts from the US will they blow the circuit? but if they are 110-240v i assume it would be fine. but this is what i dont know

joedastudd6 h, 51 m ago

Should be fine.Have you taken into account shipping costs, sales taxes and …Should be fine.Have you taken into account shipping costs, sales taxes and import duty?

^This

Only thing you need to get is a UK PSU. Apart from that you'll have the same problems as everyone else, ie getting the bits to work together nicely

@punji that psu probably has a switch that you slide with a small screwdriver for 110/240 selection? As long as it's in the correct position for wherever you plan to use it it's all good.

punji7 h, 34 m ago

I had the same question but was too lazy to ask. But I have a corsair …I had the same question but was too lazy to ask. But I have a corsair A1200 PSU and that can run from 110-240. If that is any help? I think what you want to know if the motherboard and the CPU can handle 240v. What confuses me is since the power supply runs 110-240 does that mean if you use parts from the US will they blow the circuit? but if they are 110-240v i assume it would be fine. but this is what i dont know

The power supply converts AC power to low voltage DC (3.3V, 5V and 12V) which is used by everything inside the case. So the only thing that's affected by the mains voltage is the PSU. Other parts can be affected by other US standards - optical drives may be the wrong region - but I can't think of anything core component that isn't universal.

A ludicrous PSU like an AX1200 won't have a voltage switch, not many do nowadays.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions