Gaming pc

Posted 2nd Oct
My son, 14, is wanting a gaming pc for Christmas what is the best to get? I have absolutely no clue about them! He will need everything monitor etc. No budget in mind.. I just want what will be the best for him!
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Going to need a budget and know if he needs a monitor to be included in that budget.
m1keyp1key02/10/2019 19:08

Going to need a budget and know if he needs a monitor to be included in …Going to need a budget and know if he needs a monitor to be included in that budget.

I have edited post.
How about what games he wants to play?

We need a starting point or you'll get all kinds of recommendations ranging from £500 to £2000
m1keyp1key02/10/2019 19:17

How about what games he wants to play? We need a starting point or you'll …How about what games he wants to play? We need a starting point or you'll get all kinds of recommendations ranging from £500 to £2000

I think fortnite Cs go!
Ok i'll take a look at recommended spec for those games and see what deals suit.
hotukdeals.com/dea…794

Something like this is very much overkill but if he gets into other more graphically / cpu intensive games then he'll be able to play them as well.

You'll want to wait until the next ebay code and then see if they still do the same system. Usually with these systems there is always a couple of upgrades that don't cost much but really improve the balance of the system.

Monitors i'm not very clued up on, and also keyboard / mouse / headset or speakers.

Also with CCL it looks like they rip people off by charging almost £100 for windows. Can get it alot cheaper than that, but i guess it depends if your son knows his way around setting up a pc.
"My son, 14, is wanting a gaming pc for Christmas, what is the best to get?"

Believe me, you don't want to know what the best to get is unless you've got very deep pockets. Putting together a gaming rig can get expensive fast if you are wanting "the best". You might want to have a think about what sort of budget you'd like to dedicate to it and then see what people here can recommend for you. It's one thing to say that you want what will be best for him but when you start adding in a monitor, gaming keyboard and mouse, a beefy graphics card, lots of ram etc you could easily end up spending upwards of £1k just because you want the best stuff whether or not it's actually needed or just overkill.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 2nd Oct
worf20102/10/2019 22:55

It’s ok I’ve found the very best! htt …It’s ok I’ve found the very best! https://www.overclockers.co.uk/8pack-orionx2-dual-system-extreme-overclocked-pc-intel-core-i9-7980xe-and-intel-core-i7-9700k-fs-006-8p.html

Yep should be perfect for op.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants