Gaming PC

Posted 31st Oct
Hi,

Just wondering if any pc builders can run over my 2 builds and advise on any changes.

This is going to be my first build, kind of want it to be good for a few years but got a limited budget of 600 pound

I already have a hard drive, monitor, keyboard and mouse and planning to connect via ethernet.

Could parts be sourced cheaper by buying second hand? Or not recommended?

Will only be playing pubg type games at the minute, not had a look at other pc games as yet but hopefully can handily big aaa games.

uk.pcpartpicker.com/lis…YTC

uk.pcpartpicker.com/lis…P3t

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Partpicker will usually give you a good price, I Have bought CPUs, RAM and GPUs second hand many times with no problems at all and you can save a fair bit of money. I would avoid storage devices and disk drives though for obvious reasons, AVForums has a good "Classifieds" section, always buy from people with 100% feed back ofc. Both systems look grand for 1080 gaming. Just down to whether you want AMD or Nvidia.
seems good builds bang for buck to me...i have a preference for the Nvidia cards at the moment , but this is just preference and for as many people would say nvidia, you would get the same amount advising amd.
my only issue with ur builds would be a lack of storage...dependant on how much software you normally run, ur M2 will fill quite fast id say being an only storage device..unless you have ur own hdd you are putting in?
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER Ventus XS 6GB with Twin fan is on sale at £220 @ cclonline

I personally don't have much luck on Asrock last time. My other 2 Gigabyte serving me for 7 years+.
It is personal choice.

SSD - Adata SX8200 pro or Sabrent Rocket

That PC case is not my taste. If you after budget case, GameMAX/ Aerocool looks better IMO
uk.pcpartpicker.com/pro…blk
uk.pcpartpicker.com/pro…311
Edited by: "Cisco060606" 31st Oct
Yeah I have a 1tb or 2tb harddrive in my old pc I am planning to use. Ah that's good, never know if the parts I use are any good. Done some basic research.

Will prices dip for black Friday or worth looking now?

Thanks for checking them over
it is possible that some will dip for Black friday...but im not sure they will dip that much...best practice is to shop around...i used partpicker to get my parts and then searched each part...save myself 90 odd quid on the part picker price by searching...i also decided i couldnt wait till black friday...have all my parts ploan to build mine this weekend..:) cant wait
Wish me and my son (aged 28) new how to build one, we get overclockers to build ours we have had 2 gaming machines built over the years one cost roughly 4 grand and it lasted 8 years packed up last year havent a clue whats wrong with it all I know is it is very heavy machine to move and put on a desk. We got them to build another one my son is very impressed with it. Anyway good luck on building it.
Edited by: "princesskizzy" 31st Oct
id recommend the X version of the cpu over the other just for future proofing and overclocking . up to you which GPU to go for ofcourse nvidia option is better for fps but slightly more expensive
Haha I may need it, I have had some experience before, and my friend is helping me luckily who has just built his own.

Thanks for advice I will shop round individually.

Thanks cisco will have a look at them other parts
princesskizzy31/10/2019 11:06

Wish me and my son (aged 28) new how to build one, we get overclockers to …Wish me and my son (aged 28) new how to build one, we get overclockers to build ours we have had 2 gaming machines built over the years one cost roughly 4 grand and it lasted 8 years packed up last year havent a clue whats wrong with it all I know is it is very heavy machine to move and put on a desk. We got them to build another one my son is very impressed with it. Anyway good luck on building it.

with everything being modular nowadays, it is quite easy to do!...plenty of youtube clips too for the parts ur not sure on....and using partpicker makes sure you have parts that are compatible
Might want to wear gloves putting that pc together as cheap cases rip your hands to shreds.

The rest is alright, although personally unless there is a cracking deal on a gfx card i'd probably go 2nd hand to start with and upgrade when a good deal comes along.
A used RX580 might be a bit of a saving, or a used GTX 1070.

If you want to bling out, the RE75 case is still £29.99 at ebuyer, and at least visually, is a massive step up from that CIT F3.

PS. I messaged a relative novice through a complete build, the biggest thing you have to watch is getting the standoffs right (complete novice initially tried to put board in without standoffs) - this is a "measure twice, cut once" step as a standoff where it shouldn't be is far more harmful than a missing one.
The other nail-biting area is Intel socket pins and AMD CPU pins - oh and one big piece of advice, it's a lot easier to fit the heatsink on the board before putting the board in the case - thought the fixings range from easy peasy (Intel push pin that are easy to place, not quite so easy to remove), down to absolute stinkers that will drive you insane like my last heatsink, absolute nightmare with the board in the case, as I was swapping to a better heatsink.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants