Gaming PC

Posted 1st Dec
Hi, can anyone recommend a gaming PC please? Our current PC isn't doing the business for my son, so need something else with a bit of oomph.

It has to have WiFi and able to connect at 5Ghz. He mainly plays Fortnite, Roblox, Minecraft. I'd like to spend £500 tops.

Any recommendations are gratefully received.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

3 Comments
Me personally I'll spend £550 on OPs
Customisation hotukdeals.com/deals/ccl-stryker-ii-gaming-pc-3351100

It will last longer than cheaping out

It has no OS which is good since it will had £100 to cost so what you need Is on your current PC make a Windows 10 USb install when you get the PC go into bios and set SSD as boot drive, plug in your USB install the OS onto SSD

On since you want 5ghz you can buy a high speed PCIe which you plug into the slot on mobo, real easy to do or get a USB one or ethernet

Idk if it's out of your budget

Probably best to build
Remember never pay full price for Windows you can get a key for a couple quid on eBay or just crack it
Honestly it's overkill just for Minecraft and Fortnite but maybe he would want to play games like GTA and Call of Duty
Edited by: "Norseg" 1st Dec
Thanks for your advice.
Yep, I thought a gaming PC would be overkill for the games he plays at the moment, but I think the fact that he can't play these, stops him from exploring other games.

I'm a complete newbie to this and to install Windows and my own PCIe terrified me! Would prefer to pay the shop to do it! If it is dead easy, I might try and research it a bit more.
PoohB12301/12/2019 08:42

Thanks for your advice.Yep, I thought a gaming PC would be overkill for …Thanks for your advice.Yep, I thought a gaming PC would be overkill for the games he plays at the moment, but I think the fact that he can't play these, stops him from exploring other games.I'm a complete newbie to this and to install Windows and my own PCIe terrified me! Would prefer to pay the shop to do it! If it is dead easy, I might try and research it a bit more.

You can actually just customize it with a decent WiFi adapter

I'm not even sure if they're 5ghz but they're good
So basically just customize it with a good WiFi card, 590, upgrade ram and ssd to what OP says, though this is probably more like £580 no OS but that's simple to do just go to Microsoft's website and create a Installation USB (needs to be at least 8gb) than just plug it into PC and install windows, use a key from eBay, it's simple, definitely not worth paying £100 more, the hardest part is actually doing the usb drive and that's not even hard just slow
Earlier I said you'll need to go into bios just realized you won't since the SSD is the only drive

Oh btw with the Graphics card you should receive a choice of Borderlands 3 or Ghost Recon (I would choose Borderlands since it's much better I hear but probably up to your son but he would like Borderlands 3 I think since it's got that cartoonish shooter style)

Just wondering how old he is
Edited by: "Norseg" 1st Dec
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants