Gaming PC

Posted 6th Jan
I’m after some advice on a decent gaming PC for my son. He plays mostly Fortnite on Xbox but wants a gaming PC which he’s saving for. I just don’t know where to start with it though. Any help much appreciated!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
What’s the budget?

desktop or laptop?

if desktop do you need monitor/tv as well
Bargainhead06/01/2020 21:22

What’s the budget?desktop or laptop?if desktop do you need monitor/tv as w …What’s the budget?desktop or laptop?if desktop do you need monitor/tv as well

Always best to get a desktop if you're actually planning to use it sitting down, laptops are for portability so travelling or on the toilet
Firstly budget, also remember you need a Mouse and Keyboard, you can go cheap or expensive, you need a table of course just like how you need a TV stand
What about monitor does he already have one? If not does he want Ultrawide? 4k? High refresh rate such as 140hz or higher?
What games does he plan to play other than Fortnite

Best and worst part about PC is that you can either go budget or really high end
Edited by: "Norseg" 6th Jan
Norseg06/01/2020 21:37

Always best to get a desktop if you're actually planning to use it sitting …Always best to get a desktop if you're actually planning to use it sitting down, laptops are for portability so travelling or on the toilet

I wasn’t asking advice I was asking what op wanted... plus I tend to use both my desktop and laptop sitting down lol, for that matter I sit down when using the Xbox as well....
Bargainhead07/01/2020 06:10

I wasn’t asking advice I was asking what op wanted... plus I tend to use b …I wasn’t asking advice I was asking what op wanted... plus I tend to use both my desktop and laptop sitting down lol, for that matter I sit down when using the Xbox as well....

A gaming laptop can cost up to £750 or more.

A gaming PC, you can get one for £500 and it still has more power than the laptop at £750.

OP, get a gaming PC for your son. It will be a much better experience. Don’t bother looking at laptops at all.

There’s pretty good deals on ebay. I bought mines for £505, and it’s stable at 160+ fps, 1080p on Fortnite.

As for peripherals, I’ve spent £250 on them.
jay.307/01/2020 10:36

A gaming laptop can cost up to £750 or more. A gaming PC, you can get one …A gaming laptop can cost up to £750 or more. A gaming PC, you can get one for £500 and it still has more power than the laptop at £750. OP, get a gaming PC for your son. It will be a much better experience. Don’t bother looking at laptops at all. There’s pretty good deals on ebay. I bought mines for £505, and it’s stable at 160+ fps, 1080p on Fortnite. As for peripherals, I’ve spent £250 on them.

Really I never new that, thanks for the info. Now if you had read my first post I wasn’t advising op I was asking what they wanted. So people could advice the best options.

it’s all about what op wants, you might have sound advice, but £505.00 wouldn’t even cover the gpu in my pc. Hence why I asked what they wanted...
He’s saving at the moment for one , probably looking at around £700 max
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions