Gaming PC

Posted 29th Feb
I’m from generation Pentium 1-3. Now have a son (very nice lad) who wants a gaming pc for his 13th birthday. I Just want to know if this good. I’m hoping you guy/gals can help me

amazon.co.uk/Cyb…1-1
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
Overpriced
It's always best to build a PC to will you know how to follow s Video? Your son? It's not that hard but I know a lot of people don't know

Also remember it's best to get a PC without Windows installed you get a prebuilt since they will charge full Microsoft license prices which is like £100 so you definitely don't want to do that since it's super easy to create a Windows 10 install USB from a Old PC/Friends/Library than plug it into the new PC and install, use a key from eBay
Edited by: "Norseg" 1st Mar
It’s not a bad price, just look round the other stores as well. I looked at cclonline as they are cheap and can’t find that spec for the money. Some prebuilt sell without win 10 installed and will save you money. Problem with that if you install and something wrong with new machine will you know if it’s hardware or software issue. If your not building it just buy it ready to use..
Edited by: "Bargainhead" 1st Mar
Norseg01/03/2020 01:28

Overpriced It's always best to build a PC to will you know how to follow s …Overpriced It's always best to build a PC to will you know how to follow s Video? Your son? It's not that hard but I know a lot of people don't knowAlso remember it's best to get a PC without Windows installed you get a prebuilt since they will charge full Microsoft license prices which is like £100 so you definitely don't want to do that since it's super easy to create a Windows 10 install USB from a Old PC/Friends/Library than plug it into the new PC and install, use a key from eBay

Put a link up for the same spec machine or better cheaper for op, you can’t say overpriced if your only comparison is building a pc completely different..
What type of games is your son mostly going to be playing?

If he's mostly going to be playing things like CS:GO, Fortnight or LoL/DotA, you can go with something pretty basic/low-spec and it'll be perfectly playable for the most part.
For more demanding games like "AAA" titles (or a much broader spectrum generally), you'll probably want higher specs.

Perhaps it may be worth considering buying the parts and build a system together. Fun experience and all that, as he'll have the satisfaction of having a PC he built. Plus, it's probably going to be cheaper, too.
It's generally not too hard even for novices, especially as it's mostly a step-by-step process and there are many video tutorials on YT, as well as videos about what sort of parts would be best suited for your needs.
Thanks all. I don’t mind building but worried I might get the spec wrong. Ie too much power in one place and not enough in the other or just blow the thing up! I’m just wanting to know if the linked pc is good for the price initially or if I could do better. I’ve seen my son play fortnight. He has steam account also. For the 900-1000 pound range I’m not too concerned about more demanding games.
Looking for a decent gaming pc myself got about 1k to spend ideally little less must include windows if anyone can help
Same here I’ll let you know what I end up with. Trying to get the most bang for money. The deal in my post does look good having looked around for a week. I’m going to compare against CCL as suggested above.
Jack-K01/03/2020 08:33

Thanks all. I don’t mind building but worried I might get the spec wrong. …Thanks all. I don’t mind building but worried I might get the spec wrong. Ie too much power in one place and not enough in the other or just blow the thing up! I’m just wanting to know if the linked pc is good for the price initially or if I could do better. I’ve seen my son play fortnight. He has steam account also. For the 900-1000 pound range I’m not too concerned about more demanding games.

I’d say good for price.. if your not playing 4K the 2060 is a capable card and play everything you throw at it, at 1080p it won’t break a sweat..
Bargainhead01/03/2020 09:42

I’d say good for price.. if your not playing 4K the 2060 is a capable card …I’d say good for price.. if your not playing 4K the 2060 is a capable card and play everything you throw at it, at 1080p it won’t break a sweat..

Best getting a Ryzen 3600 and 5700XT
RTX cards are overpriced
Ryzen 3600 is a lot better than i5 9400f, the 9400f is about 7% slower

Oh btw I found out the PC comes with Windows 10 installed so it's not as bad as I thought but you know eventually you're going to want to change parts/add parts so it's best to know how
It's like a Bike, do you get someone else to build it for convenience or do you build it yourself so you know how to change a wheel/flat tyre, know how to repair it and build it if you want to get a new bike
Personally I would prefer to go through the effort of building a bike so i don't need to go to a repair shop for everything
Edited by: "Norseg" 1st Mar
Norseg01/03/2020 11:33

Best getting a Ryzen 3600 and 5700XTRTX cards are overpricedRyzen 3600 is …Best getting a Ryzen 3600 and 5700XTRTX cards are overpricedRyzen 3600 is a lot better than i5 9400f, the 9400f is about 7% slowerOh btw I found out the PC comes with Windows 10 installed so it's not as bad as I thought but you know eventually you're going to want to change parts/add parts so it's best to know how It's like a Bike, do you get someone else to build it for convenience or do you build it yourself so you know how to change a wheel/flat tyre, know how to repair it and build it if you want to get a new bikePersonally I would prefer to go through the effort of building a bike so i don't need to go to a repair shop for everything

They do a Ryzen 5 3600 option for £870. Is it worth the extra?
Ok I think I’m done and set on the system. Now on to monitor and peripherals
Jack-K01/03/2020 12:25

Ok I think I’m done and set on the system. Now on to monitor and p …Ok I think I’m done and set on the system. Now on to monitor and peripherals

What system you go for
Mellor01/03/2020 12:27

What system you go for

The one I posted originally at the top. I’ll buy it later when the kids have gone to bed, and then look at monitors ... etc
Norseg01/03/2020 11:33

Best getting a Ryzen 3600 and 5700XTRTX cards are overpricedRyzen 3600 is …Best getting a Ryzen 3600 and 5700XTRTX cards are overpricedRyzen 3600 is a lot better than i5 9400f, the 9400f is about 7% slowerOh btw I found out the PC comes with Windows 10 installed so it's not as bad as I thought but you know eventually you're going to want to change parts/add parts so it's best to know how It's like a Bike, do you get someone else to build it for convenience or do you build it yourself so you know how to change a wheel/flat tyre, know how to repair it and build it if you want to get a new bikePersonally I would prefer to go through the effort of building a bike so i don't need to go to a repair shop for everything

So where’s the link for these better prebuilt pcs, coming out with daft comments again and know help to op..
Jack-K01/03/2020 12:05

They do a Ryzen 5 3600 option for £870. Is it worth the extra?

Jack-K01/03/2020 12:08

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-9400F-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-3600/4051vs4040 Seems to show the i5 as better

He doesn’t know what he’s talking about that’s why he hasn’t linked any good deals for you. You could go down the Ryzen route they are a good cpu, but for the money do you get the same amount of ram, ssd, hdd, gpu?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants