Gaming PC

Posted 3rd Jul
Hi my son is after a gaming pc for his birthday and I know nothing about this kind of thing.. any tips what I should be looking for? Thinking mid range so that it will last a few years!! Help appreciated..
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
If you put a price range on , you will probably get more help.. 🏻
Price ?? range ??
Hi @Big.Dog.

Have a click under my name, got some very nice deals under it in the "prebuilt" area. and ive also got loads of custom quotes done by other firms too, some of the best pound for pound systems.

What kinda budget did you have in mind?

Ideal gaming budget systems are best around the £600 fig, (not saying cant do cheaper, but they do offer limitations) a £600 budget would give u something like a nice decent ryzen 5 2600 or Ryzen 3 / 3300x --->, 16gb 3200mhz ram, 500w decent branded PSU, 240gb SSD for the O/S, and 1TB hard drive for the games, on a RX590-RX580 in a nice modern type of PC case with decent airflow.

from there up, we can increase the CPU to 3600, but the first call upgrade for that next leap say a £650 budget would GPU to GTX 1660super which give more fps then a cpu increase, then perhaps 5600xt/2060 at the next level, all the way up to the 5700xt and beyond which half way up on that gpu would be best to jump that cpu to the likes of the 3600, though out this, some tweaks getting nvme, increase psu to 600w which will handle high up gpus, as for motherboards, B450 is a solid platform and i reco that over the B550 if u are buying now, and no plan on zen 3 within the next 3-15 months, as then zen 4 be out, not many upgrade again so straight away, sometimes nice to think about the future, but more realistic to be practical on the pocket now then the traditional statement since we are getting a PC so late after zen 2 release is out.

let me know ur budget, ive got a habbit of finding the best deals on here for folks from the likes of AWD/Palicomp/CCL & ebuyer too,

and ive also got some nice intels too.

Budget?
is it just a gaming rig? streaming?. VR? anything else?
Does he have any special requirements, ive done alot of PCs advice and helped many parents get sorted if there children have any disabilities to such as autism/epilepsy and Dyslexia too. so dont be affraid to mention anything extra and i can help u get on the right track.
Edited by: "sarden84" 3rd Jul
sarden8403/07/2020 22:41

Hi @Big.Dog.Have a click under my name, got some very nice deals under it …Hi @Big.Dog.Have a click under my name, got some very nice deals under it in the "prebuilt" area. and ive also got loads of custom quotes done by other firms too, some of the best pound for pound systems.What kinda budget did you have in mind?Ideal gaming budget systems are best around the £600 fig, (not saying cant do cheaper, but they do offer limitations) a £600 budget would give u something like a nice decent ryzen 5 2600 or Ryzen 3 / 3300x --->, 16gb 3200mhz ram, 500w decent branded PSU, 240gb SSD for the O/S, and 1TB hard drive for the games, on a RX590-RX580 in a nice modern type of PC case with decent airflow. from there up, we can increase the CPU to 3600, but the first call upgrade for that next leap say a £650 budget would GPU to GTX 1660super which give more fps then a cpu increase, then perhaps 5600xt/2060 at the next level, all the way up to the 5700xt and beyond which half way up on that gpu would be best to jump that cpu to the likes of the 3600, though out this, some tweaks getting nvme, increase psu to 600w which will handle high up gpus, as for motherboards, B450 is a solid platform and i reco that over the B550 if u are buying now, and no plan on zen 3 within the next 3-15 months, as then zen 4 be out, not many upgrade again so straight away, sometimes nice to think about the future, but more realistic to be practical on the pocket now then the traditional statement since we are getting a PC so late after zen 2 release is out. let me know ur budget, ive got a habbit of finding the best deals on here for folks from the likes of AWD/Palicomp/CCL & ebuyer too, and ive also got some nice intels too. Budget?is it just a gaming rig? streaming?. VR? anything else?Does he have any special requirements, ive done alot of PCs advice and helped many parents get sorted if there children have any disabilities to such as autism/epilepsy and Dyslexia too. so dont be affraid to mention anything extra and i can help u get on the right track.

Hi was thinking around the 650mark for the tower? Thanks for the advice!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants