Gaming PC £700

Found 24th Oct 2017
uk.pcpartpicker.com/lis…Zhq

Looking to build a gaming pc with a budget around £700. Haven't picked a gpu yet, was looking at 1060 founders edition but I've read it's not great value for money compared to other 1060s. Any advice on parts I've picked, what to change or add would be appreciated. Thanks.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments

Yeah I wouldn't go for a founders edition personally mate, try something like this

Go for dual channel memory (i.e. two sticks), lack of memory bandwidth can sometimes affect frametimes (smoothness).

I wouldn't bother with a GTX 1060 at all now that the RX 570/580 prices are back down to a sensible level. Although either is pushing it on a £700 budget unless you already have some of the parts.

Original Poster

The Msi 1060 that you suggested only has 3gb is that a problem.

Original Poster

Could you send me a link to the RX 580 cause there's many but I'm not sure about the best ones. Thanks

Don't buy a 1TB harddrive. They were good by 2008's standards, but fall significantly short of the mark in 2017. Double your storage budget (easily done - just deduct it from the case's budget) and either buy a 256GB SSD (approx. 5x the read/write performance, and approx 1000x the IO performance), or a 4TB HDD for (4x the storage for 2x the money), and you'll get a whole lot more for your money.

A.Y.C42 m ago

Could you send me a link to the RX 580 cause there's many but I'm not sure …Could you send me a link to the RX 580 cause there's many but I'm not sure about the best ones. Thanks

I'd personally just buy whichever is on offer, the vast majority of differences between cards won't be noticeable without having them side by side to compare.

What would make you value one card over another?

Original Poster

I assume the faster graphics card with the lowest average temperature. Also I'm assuming that the graphics cards with 2 fans all less likely to heat up.

just checked your build and I would change the case to something less ££, with the savings you could put towards a SSD what will improve the overall system speed by alot.

Original Poster

Thanks for all the help. I will be buying a ssd but later on. Also I've narrowed it down to the 1060 and the RX 580 but I'm not sure which ones the better (overall)

A.Y.C9 h, 39 m ago

Thanks for all the help. I will be buying a ssd but later on. Also I've …Thanks for all the help. I will be buying a ssd but later on. Also I've narrowed it down to the 1060 and the RX 580 but I'm not sure which ones the better (overall)

The big disadvantage to the GTX 1060 is the lack of Freesync support. You either have to pay extra for G-sync or live with something that's not as smooth when you come to upgrade your monitor.
A.Y.C11 h, 32 m ago

I assume the faster graphics card with the lowest average temperature. …I assume the faster graphics card with the lowest average temperature. Also I'm assuming that the graphics cards with 2 fans all less likely to heat up.

The heatsink design underneath is much more influential than the number of fans. Sapphire's 2 fan 570/580 Nitro+ is supposed to be the best cooler, better than many of the 3 fan designs. It's expensive though.

Temperatures and small variations in your clock speed will make absolutely no difference to your gaming experience though. As long as you're happy with that then go for it.

Personally the only things I'd pay extra for are quieter or nicer sounding fans and possibly better after sales service
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants