Found 13th Nov 2016
Looking at buying a pc capable of running the latest games, not looking to build one as no experience at doing so.Any advise and links to good setups appreciated. Thanks

Currently looking at this awd-it.co.uk/int…tml

10 Comments

Not a link, but my advice would be to look for specs around a 6600k and a Nvidia 1060 6GB. Make sure you get an SSD and at least 16GB of ram.

Although it might be a little more expensive, it will last you a lot longer than buying some of the budget builds some of these custom pc builders offer.

Also, why not try building your own? It's really easy nower days and you can get way better value for money!

Original Poster

thehutchy

Not a link, but my advice would be to look for specs around a 6600k and a … Not a link, but my advice would be to look for specs around a 6600k and a Nvidia 1060 6GB. Make sure you get an SSD and at least 16GB of ram.Although it might be a little more expensive, it will last you a lot longer than buying some of the budget builds some of these custom pc builders offer.Also, why not try building your own? It's really easy nower days and you can get way better value for money!

Thanks for the advise.

Build your own, you don't need any experience. If you can build Lego then you can build a PC.

reddit.com/r/b…apc has tons of information.

Original Poster

PenguinsForAll

Build your own, you don't need any experience. If you can build Lego then … Build your own, you don't need any experience. If you can build Lego then you can build a PC.www.reddit.com/r/buildapc has tons of information.

Thank you but prefer the safeguard of a warranty, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to electronics.

jakethebeagles

Thank you but prefer the safeguard of a warranty, I'm a bit of a noob … Thank you but prefer the safeguard of a warranty, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to electronics.

​there's warranty on each part. Break your motherboard pins with the CPU? Warranty.

abzycar

Break your motherboard pins with the CPU? Warranty.

Seems unlikely that a warranty would cover damage you caused yourself during a build.

scan offers warranty for that, small fee extra but good for peace of mind for noobs

ostinato

Seems unlikely that a warranty would cover damage you caused yourself … Seems unlikely that a warranty would cover damage you caused yourself during a build.

​well I have heard of people RMAing because of that

Original Poster

Thanks for the above advise, but really looking for a PC already built, any links to such pcs really appreciated. Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition69767
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…66
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54
    4. Win 1 of 30 Gin Festival, Eastbourne Pairs of Tickets (Value £30 per pair)11

See more discussions