Groups

Gaming PC for around £400?

Hi all, thanks for taking the time to read this.

I'm looking for a new desktop for around the £400 mark and wondered if anyone knew of any good pre-built deals at the moment?

I accept the price point is pretty low for a gaming pc and I wouldn't expect to play the latest games on high settings, I'm just looking for something that's reliable and will last me a few years with most games. I already have a monitor, keyboard, mouse etc so that wouldn't matter either.

I would consider building my own (with the help of the internet) if it makes a considerable difference. My only concern with that is having no warranty or clue what to do if it broke down.

If £400 is too low and saving up a little bit more would make a big difference then I'd consider that too.

I appreciate all thoughts and opinions, thanks.

14 Comments

You should check eBay if you know A LOT about CPU's and GPU's and happy to buy used, which I think would be the best idea considering your budget.

Consider CCL as do some spec changes but can't see that a Windows licence is included, which wouldn't be a problem for me or if you had an old a win7/8 pc around but if not then would be an additional cost
    m.cclonline.com/pro…02/
    Sorry, slightly above requested budget

What sort of games are you looking to play on it?

Yeah I second CCL online. I've had 2 pre built pc's from them now and had no problems. This looks okay for the price tho you could do with adding a SSD. click for ccl pc

footylad2k7

You should check eBay if you know A LOT about CPU's and GPU's and happy … You should check eBay if you know A LOT about CPU's and GPU's and happy to buy used, which I think would be the best idea considering your budget.

​Not safe to trust ebay some times because most items come with no warranty if it brakes your screwed

beau_higgs

​Not safe to trust ebay some times because most items come with no w … ​Not safe to trust ebay some times because most items come with no warranty if it brakes your screwed

​If it brakes which I haven't had anything break yet. Secondly some items you can transfer warranty so do some research and you can get some excellent deals

Original Poster

Thanks for all your help so far everyone, will check out CCL and eBay. I'm hoping to play games that are recent and ones that are yet to come out.

A few of the ones on eBay seem to have integrated R7 graphics. I believe that's integrated into the motherboard and not a separate GPU, is that something to avoid?

If it's any help I built mine a year and a half ago. Spent £550ish. Only second hand item I purchased was the GPU and it still runs smooth. Can playing most games at high/ultra. Pick up components when they're cheap. Also with new components you get warranty on each part. I used YouTube and built mine in 45 minutes

Original Poster

jamessscarroll

If it's any help I built mine a year and a half ago. Spent £550ish. Only … If it's any help I built mine a year and a half ago. Spent £550ish. Only second hand item I purchased was the GPU and it still runs smooth. Can playing most games at high/ultra. Pick up components when they're cheap. Also with new components you get warranty on each part. I used YouTube and built mine in 45 minutes

That's something to think about thanks. Would you recommend a build or particular parts? I've done some research and used PC part picker a few times but aside from knowing what GPUS are roughly good the rest is pretty alien to me

Cozworth806

Consider CCL as do some spec changes but can't see that a Windows licence … Consider CCL as do some spec changes but can't see that a Windows licence is included, which wouldn't be a problem for me or if you had an old a win7/8 pc around but if not then would be an additional costhttps://m.cclonline.com/product/196662/ELITE-GS/All-CCL-Desktops/CCL-Elite-GS-Gaming-PC/GAME-ELITE010000010402/Sorry, slightly above requested budget

​windows 7 pro licence coat me £3 then free upgrade to windows 10. so that not a problem

nokiafusion

Yeah I second CCL online. I've had 2 pre built pc's from them now and had … Yeah I second CCL online. I've had 2 pre built pc's from them now and had no problems. This looks okay for the price tho you could do with adding a SSD. click for ccl pc

​This would run the latwat gears of war and battlefield and forza horizon 3 easily ?

I would recommend saving up and build your own PC. Not only would it work out cheaper than prebuilt, it will perform better and in the long run you can upgrade any components. Each component comes with warranty, providing you buy new and from reputable retailer.

Firstly, I would ask my self what is the purpose of the PC, As you say gaming, but what types of games are you interested in playing?

Tools such as PCPartPicker.com are great ways to find the right components and build your rig. There are big communities such as /r/PCMasterRace that'll be happy to help.

Hope this helps

You can always do what I did. Buy one part at a time. I went as cheap as I could. i3 4170 8gb ram 128gb ssd and gonna get a 1050 ti in a couple of weeks to complete it. Will be a decent budget gaming system. Not the best but for £350 all in (I already had a monitor) not bad.

Original Poster

Deeco

I would recommend saving up and build your own PC. Not only would it work … I would recommend saving up and build your own PC. Not only would it work out cheaper than prebuilt, it will perform better and in the long run you can upgrade any components. Each component comes with warranty, providing you buy new and from reputable retailer.Firstly, I would ask my self what is the purpose of the PC, As you say gaming, but what types of games are you interested in playing?Tools such as PCPartPicker.com are great ways to find the right components and build your rig. There are big communities such as /r/PCMasterRace that'll be happy to help.Hope this helps

Thanks, I've been having a look on pcpartpicker recently and noticed this entry level build: uk.pcpartpicker.com/lis…ZXH - what are your thoughts? Could I do just as well for less?

It's still a little over my price range but ideally I'm looking for a PC that can run most modern games. The build linked should do most games 1080p I'm told which is more than enough for me. If I could do a little less performance for much cheaper then I think that would be my best bet.

tommy6000009

You can always do what I did. Buy one part at a time. I went as cheap … You can always do what I did. Buy one part at a time. I went as cheap as I could. i3 4170 8gb ram 128gb ssd and gonna get a 1050 ti in a couple of weeks to complete it. Will be a decent budget gaming system. Not the best but for £350 all in (I already had a monitor) not bad.

That's not a bad price, I've read the 1050ti is a good budget card where have you bought your parts from?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2457
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767297
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17846374
      4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***721

See more discussions