Gaming pc is this any good?

Found 13th Jun
My 12 year old is desperate for a gaming pc- our budget is £500.
I have no clue.
He live streams and plays fortnite.

Is this any good? Can someone direct me the right way?

ochw.co.uk/ind…487
Community Updates
5 Comments
I would say it's not very good, note there is not a graphics card with that model it's just the 'on board' graphics offered by the cpu/motherboard. It may run fortnite but I doubt it would run that well, if at all.

The fact you need to pay extra for a bronze rated psu of the same wattage shows the one provided will be very poor quality. It's also worth getting an ssd which puts the price up higher, although not essential it makes a massive difference.

If you want the best for your money its worth watching some YouTube videos on how to build, a good project to do with your son in fact. You can find a cheap monitor on gumtree or Friday add for £10-20, and that's all a keyboard and mouse would cost too. So assuming you have £500 or so left you could build quite a nice little system if doing it yourself.
A delusion says poor

Old entry level tech that wasn't particularry good when it was current

Neotrix posted this the other day which is, imo, a better buy at the price you are looking at:
hotukdeals.com/dea…094

the i3 7100 was a good performer (not top but you aren't talking top budget) - i3 8th gens are better but as current from intel are holding a premium at this moment in time.

on AMD front I would advice against anything unless a Ryzen CPU (current)

Gaming wise though the focus needs to be on the graphics card - to get above 1050ti you would need to be thinking of spending more but a 1050ti is going to play fortnite fairly well.
Edited by: "Bertz99" 13th Jun
Thankyou- I appreciate your replies. I will show my son.
Bertz9913th Jun

A delusion says poorOld entry level tech that wasn't particularry good …A delusion says poorOld entry level tech that wasn't particularry good when it was currentNeotrix posted this the other day which is, imo, a better buy at the price you are looking at:https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lenovo-legion-y520-25-gaming-pc-i3-7100-1tb-hdd-gtx-1050ti-4gb-8gb-ram-39999-delivered-lenovo-bank-hol-event-2945094the i3 7100 was a good performer (not top but you aren't talking top budget) - i3 8th gens are better but as current from intel are holding a premium at this moment in time.on AMD front I would advice against anything unless a Ryzen CPU (current)Gaming wise though the focus needs to be on the graphics card - to get above 1050ti you would need to be thinking of spending more but a 1050ti is going to play fortnite fairly well.

Do I need a gaming monitor or certain specs for a monitor to go with the Lenovo legion?
enimod21 m ago

Do I need a gaming monitor or certain specs for a monitor to go with the …Do I need a gaming monitor or certain specs for a monitor to go with the Lenovo legion?

Monitors themselves can go beyond your budget and that graphics card can actually touch up a few steps from budget..

What is classed as an entry level 23 inch for gaming ands seems to have a lot of positive reviews is the ASUS VC239H and ccl have it available for £127

cclonline.com/pro…BwE

can see a review of it here:
back2gaming.com/rev…ew/

of course there be other choices
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions