Groups
    EXPIRED

Gaming PC on the cheap

If I were to build a capable gaming PC on the cheap whilst just replacing the CPU, Motherboard, Graphics Card and Ram, what's the best price I could do it in? I would be using my existing case, SATA HDD, OCZ 450W PSU.

Any help appreciated.

Worth noting I have an alternative system I use for day-to-day tasks so this new one would be for gaming only.

5 Comments

Q6600, ABIT IP35 motherboard, OCZ 8500 ddr2 4gb

Banned

what would your budget be?

I have always been a PC gamer and built my last kick-ass rig at the end of last year.

I am getting fed-up now though with game publishers either abandoning the PC or releasing inferior conversions 6-12 months after the console releases.

I Intend to get myself a PS3 at the end of the year & do my gaming on that from now on, I sadly suggest you do the same.

Original Poster

Sorry guys- should have mentioned. Would like to try and cap near £200-£250. Thanks.

Original Poster

jallsey;6408126

I have always been a PC gamer and built my last kick-ass rig at the end … I have always been a PC gamer and built my last kick-ass rig at the end of last year. I am getting fed-up now though with game publishers either abandoning the PC or releasing inferior conversions 6-12 months after the console releases. I Intend to get myself a PS3 at the end of the year & do my gaming on that from now on, I sadly suggest you do the same.

Good point. I have traditionally been just like you for as long as I can remember. It's only been since the last year or so that I have found myself using the PS3 more. I do feel PC gaming is on the demise and only a few select good titles remain on the upcoming list.

One thing is I still find it hard to adapt the control pad to FPS games. Keep trying, remains hard and am getting better but I'll maybe be 20-30% as good as I am on the PC with mouse. Yep, the difference is that significant.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Parcel Hero weight adjustment58
      2. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2854
      3. I want some backless loafers for men33
      4. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)510

See more discussions