Groups

gaming pc question

Hey all im useless wi this but what woukd this rig be worth and is it any good

Intel Core i3-4170 processor

8GB RAM and 2TB hard drive

GTX 960 Graphics and Windows 10

6 Comments

It's value depends on the condition it's in. Is it new, second hand etc.?

I'd say £350-400 second hand. It's a good mid-range last generation machine. The lack of SSD may be annoying and it's a shame it's not a 380/380X instead of a 960 but it'll play everything you throw at it for a few years.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves

It's value depends on the condition it's in. Is it new, second hand … It's value depends on the condition it's in. Is it new, second hand etc.?I'd say £350-400 second hand. It's a good mid-range last generation machine. The lack of SSD may be annoying and it's a shame it's not a 380/380X instead of a 960 but it'll play everything you throw at it for a few years.

Its for sale for 350 appears to be a zoo storm not sure which model is this a good brand mate?

£350 sounds a bit too much. Knock 50 quid and that would be a sweet spot.

The rig itself depends. Are you wanting to play 1080p60fps on max because this will struggle especially with games getting better and better in the coming months.

It's a good entry level pc but don't expect much out of it.

Games are becoming more orientated on better processors these days with a few pc enthusiasts arguing that sooner or later we'll need i7s for some games and Vram requirements going up and up as well.
    Edited by: "ItsAMeChriso" 4th Oct 2016

Original Poster

ItsAMeChriso

£350 sounds a bit too much. Knock 50 quid and that would be a sweet … £350 sounds a bit too much. Knock 50 quid and that would be a sweet spot.The rig itself depends. Are you wanting to play 1080p60fps on max because this will struggle especially with games getting better and better in the coming months. It's a good entry level pc but don't expect much out of it. Games are becoming more orientated on better processors these days with a few pc enthusiasts arguing that sooner or later we'll need i7s for some games and Vram requirements going up and up as well.

Cheers guys. Im more a console gamer tbh was toying wi the idea of pc but maybe a bit conplicated for me lol

Low end gaming pc, I'd say £250, if you run these specs on new games ie Battlefield 1 out this month I doubt it could play it. Just depends what you want to play I suppose

£250 for such a new machine with an OS? I think that's far too low for a general estimate without knowing anything about the machine. It hasn't lost half it's value or more in the few months since newer hardware has been available.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767410
      2. [Xbox] 6 Months Xbox Live For £14.99 (When Purchasing Selected Games At Ama…34
      3. Free Codes from EGX44
      4. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?22

See more discussions