Gaming pc refurbished - need some help

Posted 30th Oct
Hi! Our son aged 16 wants a gaming pc - We am happy to buy however I would love any comments off anyone with any expertise in the refurbished gaming pc field.
I’ve seen a few on amazon which have great reviews and then loads on eBay - not too sure wether to trust eBay. Our son is autistic and we feel as a started gaming pc he is best with refurbed.
Any help would be much appreciated
Thankyou
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

17 Comments
Budget?
Be prepared for the build it yourself comments!
I have no issue with refurbed or eBay, just ensure its a trusted seller.
Black Friday is approaching, so if you can hold off, you might get new for the same price now.
What's your budget and what sort of games and quality are you looking for?
Solid 4k gaming will cost you more, but 1080p gaming is achievable on a reasonably low budget.
We brought our sons off eBay quite a few years ago. I must admit it was only yesterday we spoke about him possibly needing to upgrade it now. It has done him well and he hasn’t complained about the spec. The advice we got at the time was well needed as pc do constantly warrant upgrading but he hasn’t really changed his except for his screen. We didn’t go high end at all. Although I bet now he would want 4K good job he is earning now
Need to know what games he is wanting to play and also a budget.
Yeah best thing is to find the games he will be playing and then you can work it from there. Refurb systems will always be cheaper but i'd suggest one that has an ssd for the primary operating system location and maybe a secondary larger (1tb) hard drive for storing files on. Also do you have a budget for it as this will make a difference as to what you will be able to get.
Wow Thanks for the comments, I didn’t want to spend too much as I might aswell buy new if the price starts exceeding £1k. I couldn’t build myself if I tried I don’t even understand them I just want to be able to plug in and he do whatever you do on a gaming pc
Lindos1530/10/2019 15:42

Wow Thanks for the comments, I didn’t want to spend too much as I might a …Wow Thanks for the comments, I didn’t want to spend too much as I might aswell buy new if the price starts exceeding £1k. I couldn’t build myself if I tried I don’t even understand them I just want to be able to plug in and he do whatever you do on a gaming pc

Theres good systems for various price ranges... £500-600 600-700 everything is incremental in the performance boosts but if you go refurb or something for £500 you could get something pretty decent all-be it a processor thats 2 or 3 generations old.
Mk6Dan9230/10/2019 15:50

Theres good systems for various price ranges... £500-600 600-700 …Theres good systems for various price ranges... £500-600 600-700 everything is incremental in the performance boosts but if you go refurb or something for £500 you could get something pretty decent all-be it a processor thats 2 or 3 generations old.

Thankyou
Just a random look online... probably could find other deals but this is nearly new cpu.. all it would need is a graphics card. But then possibly a new PSU.
Desktop
£600-700 could get you a decent new tower.

It is not worth considering for Refurb PC on ebay or amazon unless your budget is something like £300

Wow Thanks for the comments, I didn’t want to spend too much as I might a …Wow Thanks for the comments, I didn’t want to spend too much as I might aswell buy new if the price starts exceeding £1k. I couldn’t build myself if I tried I don’t even understand them I just want to be able to plug in and he do whatever you do on a gaming pc

You can buy new systems on here for reasonable money awd-it.co.uk/awd-stronghold-2600-six-core-3.9ghz-rx-580-8gb-desktop-gaming-pc.html

There are some other cheaper lower spec options which include monitor keyboard mouse etc.

You can pick up a windows 10 key for around £10 on ebay and with AWD-IT you’ll have 12 months warranty which you won’t get on a refurb.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 30th Oct

What is your actual budget? Be real with what you want to spend. You also need to clarify what sort of "gaming" he will be doing. Casual medium graphics or 4k 60+ FPS. Makes a huge difference to your price tag.
Jaspabt130/10/2019 16:46

What is your actual budget? Be real with what you want to spend. You also …What is your actual budget? Be real with what you want to spend. You also need to clarify what sort of "gaming" he will be doing. Casual medium graphics or 4k 60+ FPS. Makes a huge difference to your price tag.

He is doing a gaming course at college and is on Xbox a lot playing games - I really don’t have a clue as you can tell, just don’t want to waste money on rubbish but then don’t want to go high end if he doesn’t understand it
cmdr_elito30/10/2019 16:27

You can buy new systems on here for reasonable money …You can buy new systems on here for reasonable money awd-it.co.uk/awd-stronghold-2600-six-core-3.9ghz-rx-580-8gb-desktop-gaming-pc.htmlThere are some other cheaper lower spec options which include monitor keyboard mouse etc.You can pick up a windows 10 key for around £10 on ebay and with AWD-IT you’ll have 12 months warranty which you won’t get on a refurb.

Thankyou very much I will have a look on the link you’ve sent
cmdr_elito30/10/2019 16:27

You can buy new systems on here for reasonable money …You can buy new systems on here for reasonable money awd-it.co.uk/awd-stronghold-2600-six-core-3.9ghz-rx-580-8gb-desktop-gaming-pc.htmlThere are some other cheaper lower spec options which include monitor keyboard mouse etc.You can pick up a windows 10 key for around £10 on ebay and with AWD-IT you’ll have 12 months warranty which you won’t get on a refurb.

Thankyou very much I will check the link out
As mentioned above I highly recommend Awd-it PC. good customer service and decent price and warranty for prebuilt pc's.

Got two of my friends to buy from them as they don't know how to build computers.

Black friday is also around the corner so possibly better deals coming out!
rocktoons2831/10/2019 09:51

As mentioned above I highly recommend Awd-it PC. good customer service and …As mentioned above I highly recommend Awd-it PC. good customer service and decent price and warranty for prebuilt pc's.Got two of my friends to buy from them as they don't know how to build computers. Black friday is also around the corner so possibly better deals coming out!

Yes I thought about Black Friday to be honest, thanks for all your advice
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants